Previously on week 5 of the Empty-Sea,
Minasan Konichiwa! Hello Everyone! Let me start off by saying this was one of the best, but hardest weeks. It was our awkward phase from moving from the half-way mark to having only 4 weeks left. Yes that is right. Less than a month left in the MTC. I am freaking out. So I will start off by reviewing this last weeks events.
First on Tuesday exactly a week a ago from today, we had the best devotional I have been to so far. The speaker was one of the released General Authorities. I didn't bring my notebook so I can't remember his name, but the talk was amazing. It was on receiving personal revelation. Something that is extremely important for missionaries, but very hard to discern and understand. He talked about false revelation and realizing whether or not our revelation was from ourselves or from God. It was amazing. He told us a story that really hit home. He said that revelation is receiving direction without explanation. He told a story about a Sister companionship in Japan. They were out biking 5 miles away from their homes and the border of the boundries. They had a feeling they should go down this one street and knock and a random door. They went to the door and a little 10 year old girl came to the door. They asked if their parents were home, and they were. The mother was deaf and dumb. The Sister Missionaries taught the mother the lessons through her 10 year old daughter. This was not what they had expected when they received the revelation to go there. They had no idea where the ward sign language master was and did not know what to do. Turns out the sign language person lived only 3 houses down. Direction without explanation. He said how he would love to tell us that they proceeded to teach them and the mother got baptized, but that didn't happen. Instead the 10 year old little girl who translated for her mother was baptized. Revlation=direction without explanation. When he told us that story we all got chills. It was so good. He talked about being humble to recieve revelation. It was great. Wednesday was a normal day and on Thursday we taught our progressing investigator. Our progressing investigator wanted to receive baptism! It was great. Oh yeah in Japanese you don't say to be baptized. They say receive baptism. Super funny. On Friday I got a little sick, but got over it. Saturday was great. We had TRC and taught two return missionaries. It was really fun. They were very helpful with us trying to speak the language and they really felt the spirit and I really felt if from them. It was great. Sunday we had a devotional about how the work is being hastened. (my spelling is getting super good now that I don't use English anymore) The speaker was the director of the Media department. He showed us all the bilboards the church has bought in New York City, and what is happening in the U.K. The book of Mormom Musical just made it to UK and that play is not nice. BUT it served as a great opportunity to spread the gospel. The church bought so many signs and busses and posters to invite people to go tomormon.org. They even bought advertisments for the programs in the book of mormon play. Saying you have heard about the book and seen the play, now go read it for yourself. Super funny. Well you know how I was district leader, but they forgot to release me? Well Dignam Choro and Cascardi Choro made jokes by saying Four more years! Turns out they were right. They did release me, but they called my companion and I to be Zone leaders. This means that we are in charge of more people now! I don't have to get mail anymore, but I have to really use Japanese. I have to help the Nihonjin, (Japanese Missionaries) with anything they need, and I have to help all the new missionaries. It is really fun. I don't exactly know what I do yet, because I was just called to be a Zone Leader on Sunday, but I will find out more. Today we had to teach the Nihonjin about P-day. We had to show them how to do laundry and how to get to the temple. It was so much fun, but so hard. In the temple we found out about Boston. That was a big shock for us. I am so glad Julie, Jen and Sarah are okay. It always is so sad to hear about these terrorist attacks happening. I don't understand. That is what I love about the gospel. It is for everyone and no matter what we will live again and if we live righteously we will live with our families forever. I am currently sick, but I am getting over it! Fever and sore throat, are not allowed on any Delta flight and while being in the MTC. I am loving being here, but I am so excited to leave in 28 days. WOOOOO TAKO! (octopus.)
-Mecham Choro
No comments:
Post a Comment