Sunday, August 11, 2013

japan 3 months 22 weeks

We sweat when we eat our food.... Ramen.
My new companion 
The last meal with my companion. It was indian curry. The best thing in the world.



My distict.
I had my first transfer that actually mattered! Guess what?! I have a new companion! I am still in Odori but my companion is different. Please go ahead and guess then read on. That is correct! His name is Elder Tomita Keiki! (yes his first name is cake)  He is Japanese and from a city an hour away from Tokyo. He is the coolest. He is a convert of 3 years and he is 23. We are having so much fun. We are a lot alike. We laugh almost too much. I am speaking only Japanese now. Pray for me. Hahahah but for real I am doing sooo much better with Japanese it is blowing my mind. I learned how to not fear what others think this week. That rhymed... Awkward. Anyways. So I was really embarrassed about my Japanese for a long time because I feared that others would make fun of me because it really sucks. Well I had to get over that really quick because there is no other way for me to be able to do anything now. So 2 awesome things have came out of this. 1. I had to teach Tomita Choro the area and all of the investigators because he just got here. I am the Junior companion but for the first few days I had to be the senior companion. I had to decide what we were going to do, where we were going to go and who we were going to teach .That was a change. I had to do sooo much work and it made me so tired. I realized how I much I needed to work harder. There were a lot of thing that I could have done better when I first got to Japan but I am so glad I didn't do it. I don't have regrets about the things I didn't do because from not doing them I grew. Crap I rhymed again. So when I was making all the decisions I had to be confident with them. I couldn't half want to do something or be a little hesitant about it. I had to decide and go for it. This lead up to yesterday. 2. I taught 2 lessons all by myself. I have always had the back up of my companion for when I didn't know what to say, but it was different this time. We were teaching our one investigator Aoki san (whose full name is Green Blue Tree) and we asked her to read the book of mormon on her own. Well she said no. Straight up said that she would rather kiss her dogs than listen to the message we want to share with her. So that was way difficult. Tomita choro looked away and I was freaking out. It was just me. I decided to open my mouth and see if anything was going to happen. I didn't even plan on saying anything. I literally just opened my mouth. No, no words came to my mouth. I just looked like an idiot. So I started laughing and then I decided to talk. I told her about how busy I was in high School and how I didn't read the book of mormon as much as I should. I told her how tired I was and that I didn't make time to read it, but when I did it was like everything in my life was working better than I could have ever made it. I promised her (and everyone else in the world) that as she reads the book of mormon she will find her answers and her life will all work out. She said she has no energy so I made her pray on the spot for energy. It was insane. She prayed, I asked her to read it on her own and she said yes. Then we went to our next investigator. Sato san. The hardest person on the planet to teach. We taught him the plan of salvation. In the middle of the lesson sato san was going off on his rant about how Paul actually created the atonement. Yeah... no. So I listened and tried to decide what to do next but I was getting nothing. I turned to see if my companion had anything and... he was asleep. So I pulled out the book of mormon (that I can't even read) and had him read alma 5. We talked for a good 20 minutes about the atonement and the lesson ended with him saying thank you so much for coming over. I now understand. Whoa. He prayed and we left. Nobody was there to say "wow that was so awesome Jake! You did it all by yourself!" (yes I am full of pride and I love hearing things about me) So I said it to myself. I was amazed by how much work we got done when I actually tried my hardest. Before I held back a little bit because I was scared what others would thing. That is stupid. Fearing others only made it harder for me and for them. I am still learning how to get over yourself because I am still extremely prideful, but I am working my hardest and that is all that is expected of us. Sorry I am out of time, but I love you all! Thank you for being so awesome! Now go be a better awesome! When you give your best, your best gets better. Weeeeeee. Amen. Be excellent to each other. 




No comments:

Post a Comment