This was thanksgiving. It Snowed.
Happy Thanksgiving #2 This week we actually celebrated the right Thanksgiving. Actually we celebrated it about 5 times this week. First on Monday we went out to eat at an all you can eat yaki niku (fried meat? Cook it yourself BBQ place). Then Tuesday we had the biggest bowl of Curry Ramen I have ever seen. Then on Wednesday we made American Burritos with the amazing american food my mother sent me. (we soaked our burritos in ranch and salsa. It was heaven) Home can be a heaven on earth with it is filled with ranch and salsa. Then Thursday we ate a small lunch with mashed potatoes and something else I can't remember, so we could be hungry for Baby Face!! For Thanksgiving dinner we went out to Baby Face and got the biggest Omelette Rice (Spell check...) on the planet. It was amazing. Then Friday we had more burritos. Saturday we went out to eat again and Sunday we had stuffing!!!! It was incredible. And that was just our food! This week was amazing though!
We had a lot of appointments scheduled with our new investigators who we went to go meet. We saw almost every single on of them, except they all told us they were busy. So almost every single one of our appointments fell through. The only one that didn't fall through was last nights. We made a new investigator last night! Her name (yes all of our investigators are female. BUT we did find 2 awesome new guys this week and hopefully we meet with them again!) is Fukuya san. She is full of energy and has no shame. "Wanna see my daughter? She is kinda fat like me, but she is nice like me huh?!" She is really open to listening to us and so we gave her a Book of Mormon and prayed with her. She said she will read and is excited to try praying. Oh also this week we met this lady who used to go to church as a kid up in Sapporo. She said she loves the church, but just doesn't know right now and is studying everything. We gave her a Book of Mormon too. " I am addicted to reading. If I am not reading something I will start to read the phone book." So she said she will definitely read the Book of Mormon. Maybe she will be done before we see her next?
My favorite part of this week was Saturday. We wanted to visit a less active member named Yamamoto Kyodai. We have visited with him before and he is WAY nice. We went over and knocked on his door and a lady came to the door. We asked if Yamamoto san was home and she said "NO! He is a professional gambler and he is making money right now." Oh... okay, cool. "Well do you know when he will be back?" "NO!." Oh... okay. "Are you his mother?" "EXCUSE ME?!?!! I AM NOT HIS MOTHER! How old do you think I am? How dare you!" I was terrified at this point. I though she was going to attack us. Well then out of nowhere she says, "It is cold. Come in. You look hopeless." She invited us in and turns out Yamamoto Kyodai lives with 3 other people. Basically it is a bunch of college friends that got old, never got married, and decided to live together. They are all about 60\70 years old. I don't know their names so there was, guy with white hair. Lady that was short and sat on the ground, and lady that yelled at us. They were all drunk and were incredibly funny. The lady that yelled at us invited us in and the guy with white hair made us sit on their couch. I was kinda freaking out. This is not normal. Well we introduced ourselves and then it just exploded. "They are Mormon!!! Stop making them coffee you idiot! They don't drink that!" The guy with white hair and the lady sitting on the ground just made fun of and yelled at the lady that yelled at us the whole time. It was so funny. They were all SO nice to us though. "Here, have some vegetable juice." "VEGETABLE JUICE!?! That is disgusting! Nobody likes that! Did you even ask them what they wanted?!" "Your right. I will get them beer." "NO THEY DON'T DRINK BEER!!" It was one of the funnest days on my mission. They just went off yelling at each other and loving us. We were there for about 45 minutes talking with them, then when we said we had to go they got so mad and tried to make us stay then eventually filled our backpacks with candy and made us promise we would come back.
I am now out of time because we are leaving to go climb a mountain today. I love you all. Be excellent to each other!
-Mecham Choro.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment