Monday, February 17, 2014

Japan 9 months 1 week-49

I have tons of pictures of yuki matsuri But I am out of time right now. i will try to come back tonight and send more. This was the ski jump
This is sister Aota (Sunny Bunny) I am holding a pigeon. With my name on it... I am honored. 


EVERYONE AND THEIR DOGS!!! This was with Aoki san. We met with her this week as well. The lesson was okay. She has no interest so we are doing a english program with her now. 
?.....

My father is dying.... He is going home tomorrow. 

IKEDA FAMILY!!! The Ikeda family came to the fireside. I love them too much. Seriously there was too much happiness in the air. 

Teranishi san. An investigator that I taught a few times when I was in Odori. She is the greatest. 
Kotani Shimai. She gave me the craziest pictures ever hahaha. She is the member that took us on tons of adventures when i was in tomakomai, so she gave me pictures that she took from our adventures. Her pictures are a little insane... 

Our very fun maze lesson with the Henmi Family.


Our fridge broke, so all we can do is eat ramen. Hahahah I LOVE ramen... (It is so unhealthy) 


More ramen. 


Valentines Day in Japan is almost bigger than Christmas. It is definitely bigger than Halloween, so this week was pretty exciting. Last week was a huge downer because there were a lot of appointments we had with nobody home, BUT this week everyone and their dogs were home. (see picture) I just put a footnote in my email... I am way cool... We made 4 new investigators this week and taught 8 amazing lessons. For me this was a really really good week. Lately my mom has been asking me what my worries are or what causes me the most stress right now, but for real, this week there were no worries and it was amazing. We weren't able to meet with Hasegawa san because "grandmas cold is now the flu! You can't catch that! Run away!" But she says she is praying for us and we are praying for her. Hopefully we can meet her and her grandson this week too. This week we met the Henmi family (the family that just recently moved in) and taught them a lesson about the spirit. We have been focusing a lot on the spirit this week and from it we have seen a lot of miracles. We did this really fun game were we had them turn off all of the lights and gave one person a flashlight, then they had to do a maze that we drew for them. It was a hit. I think I had the most fun. We related that to the spirit and how without the spirit we might be able to make it through the maze, but we will hit a lot of walls, have to start over a lot, and it takes a lot longer to find the end. With the spirit you can do it on your first try. (unless you suck at mazes) Well that was an amazing lesson with them and they said that they really wanted to come to our music fireside that we had this Saturday. Well Saturday came around and we had one hour of dendo before we had to go to the church to have a dress rehearsal for the music fireside. We had 2 appointments and the first one they were busy so we couldn't meet them, but we felt like we needed to visit Iida san. A lady we met a few weeks ago. We went to her house and nobody came to the door. I was super confused. I felt like we were definitely going to meet her. We started to walk away when she came to the door and we taught an amazing lesson. She said that she read the pamphlet about the plan of salvation and wants to know if it is true. We taught her prayer and she said she is going to ask if it is true. She is the greatest. We then ran to our next appointment and taught an amazing lesson with our first new male investigator! Woot! We found a man! Then we ran to the church for music practice. The music fireside was amazing. Seriously. I am not just saying this because I am in it and full of pride, but for real it was amazing. I am so excited for the cd so everyone can hear it. (Actually I think it is on youtube) well The fireside was the day after Valentines and a ton of members came to the fireside with Valentines presents for us. It was amazing. I have so much chocolate now. The Henmi family came as well and they said they loved it. Basically I am on fire right now with the spirit. Life is beautiful. OH and Mother I saw my blog for the first time! Sister Aoto (a.k.a Sunny Bunny) showed me it on her ipad and she said she is in love with it. But for real it is pretty artsy. Mother you are on fire. Well done! 25 points to Gryphindor. (I don't know how to spell that but the spell check is endorphin...) I love you all! Be excellent to each other! 
-Jake Snow Mecham choro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment