Monday, June 23, 2014

Japan 13 months 2 weeks-67

The young lady who is going to save the world!
This place is the best sushi on the planet. It is world famous. Go to here.

A member took us exploring. To the most beautiful places ever. 
This lake is number 3 in the world right now for best lakes.

"Gods Secret Lake"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Apparently there is a monster named Kushi that lives in this lake. I didnt see him.

We then went to the wetlands.
The members that took us exploring.

I left my shoes in a corner for 3 days. I come back and there is a spider web in it. OH. I am living in a 3rd world country?!?!
Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Basically the majority of this week was spent on a train or a car.  President and Sister Evans are going home so we went to Kushiro (4 hours away by train) and played park golf and mafia! But one of the coolest things every happened on the train ride. I wanted to sleep soooo bad. I was tired and the train was hot so I was already stuggling to keep my eyes open. Our goal for the day was to contact 5 people and try to teach a lesson and get a number on the train. (our entire day was on a train) So I was about to fall asleep when we got to a stop and the conductor said that we are going to be stopping for 35 minutes so go and walk around. Suddenly this lady next to me starts speaking to me in English, "35 minutes?! That is way long. Lets go walk around." oh... oh my. Well she is from Japan, but lives in Canada so her English is perfect. She was here on vacation with her husband who does not speak English. We found out that the reason we stopped at this train station for 35 minutes is because there is a random hot spring right outside of the trainstation that people go put their feet in. So we did that. Haha. We get back on the train and the lady begins telling us how she has been to Utah and how she doesnt believe in God. All of the sudden she switches over to Japanese and we teach her. She thinks it is amazing that we believe in God and she wants to believe, but she thinks she is too old to try and believe. Right when it came to an awkward time in the lesson a lady gets on the train and starts waving goodbye to a kid. She starts laughing so we ask her if that is her kid and she says, "No. He was just cute and waving to people so I waved to him." Okay somebody as funny and amazing as her needs to be baptized so we started talking to her.  It turned into a giant lesson about family history and God. The first older lady that talked to us began to teach the new young lady that got on. It was amazing. We were testifying and teaching all over the place. Young high school students started to get close and listen. I looked around and basically everyone on the train was looking at us. I wanted to just stand on the bench and start preaching to everyone. We ended with getting both of the ladies contact information and challenged them to meet the missionaries in the areas where they live. Seriously though the young lady was amazing. She volunteers to go around the world and share her story about abuse she recieved from her father and her story with others. She has been to Moroco, Detroit, and Russia. Now she is going somewhere in Africa to help people who have been victims of Canabilism! WHAT?!
From this experience I learned that if we set goals and pray to achieve them, it will happen. Even if we want to sleep, He will make it happen.
Higaki san is doing great. She is nervous for baptism, but we are working with her. She doesnt want to half get baptized. She wants to have a very strong testimony before she gets baptized and she is deffinitely going to get that. She came all the way to Kushiro yesterday for Stake Conference.
Oh yeah Japan had a really special Stake Conference this week. Every single stake in Japan was connected to Salt lake and we had a live broadcast with The general young womans president, the presiding bishop, area president of Asia and Elder Christofferson. (Elder Christofferson even gave us a shoutout in his talk. Sister Evans just about lost it when he said her name. It was so funny) My testimoy was strengthened from their talks and I know Higaki sans was too. I learned about the safety and security that comes from keeping the commandments and being 100% obedient. I know that there is security in being obedient. It is also much more fun too.
I am out of time because we are going to the prison in 10 minutes! Yay!!! But I have lots of amazing pictures. Enjoy.
I Love you all! Be excellent to each other!
Mecham Choro.


No comments:

Post a Comment