Monday, August 18, 2014

Japan Eniwa. Chitose. 15 months 1 week-75

Badminton with the cute kids. 

Early morning baseball! 

New artsy style!! #YOLO 

This was a great Weekly Planning. 

walking all artsy in a place where this really funny old lady lived and told us her life story about... 6 times. She is the greatest. She lost her mind. but she is so sweet.

Obon.

This is going to be a very short email because there was no internet at the church today. 
So we came to the mission office to email. 

Obon was the greatest. Thank you so much for praying for us. I want to tell you all about it, but naturally I have no time. Not only did we not have internet connection, we had transfers. I don't know where I am going, but my companion is now in the mission office, so that is why we came all the way up here. 

I will give you a quick rundown of what happened this week. 
We had a party with Matsuda san and ate probably 3 pigs. We just ate meat for hours and talked about The Plan of Salvation. Matsuda san committed to pray and is trying to find out for herself if families are forever. Great fact is, THEY ARE! 

The weekend is the hardest for Obon because that is when everybody goes to their ancestors graves and pray in front of them. Then they are busy and don't want to talk to anyone. So instead we decided to party with members all day. We had softball in the morning at 5. Then Volleyball, badminton, and basketball at 2. Then we went and had a yaki niku party (Japanese BBQ, you just cook meat and only meat. It is amazing). Ending with classic, tiny fountain fireworks. 

This was an amazing week. We met a lot of people despite it being Obon (A Buddhist holiday) and made great new potential best friends. I love you all so very much.
I am so sorry this is so very short. 
Be excellent to each other. 

-Mecham Choro. 

PS. I did a lot of spaces to make it seem longer. I hope it worked. #yolo    

No comments:

Post a Comment