Monday, September 1, 2014

Japan Eniwa. Chitose. 15 months 3vweek-77

We heart attacked our sick investigators!

We like the high waist style.
 
HOW DO YOU SPELL!?!?!  Waist? Weighst? Waishst.... ahhhh.. Im over it.

We gave this picture to the mission presidents wife for her birthday and we put a picture of her face in the light. Hahahah too good.

We also got to use the sisters bikes this week. that was fun.

I MADE THIS GREAT FOOD! I will teach you all some day. It is AMAZING. Soup Curry.

All we take are ugly pictures... I need to be serious...
"I'm worried about your future"

I had a very terrific opportunity this week. I had the opportunity to have an interview with a member of the Seventy. Elder Whiting and his lovely wife came up from Tokyo (He is seriving in the Asian Area presidency so he lives in Tokyo right now) to teach all of us great Sapporo Missionaries. Elder Whiting gave 2 workshops on Power and Authority, and one on the Character of Christ. I learned sooooo much. He told us some crazy stories that really got me excited to go out and spread the great word to the great people. But then he said something that scared me. "We are obviously concerned for you missionaries. We love you and we pray for you every day. We know you will be fine on your missions, but, I'm worried about your future." I felt like nobody else heard him because most of the missionaries were just smiling. I looked terrified and didn't understand what he was talking about.
After the workshops and the meeting ended, Elder Whiting picked 6 missionaries that he wanted to interview. And naturally, I was last... I was so excited for the opportunity to meet with him. A one on one with a member of the Seventy. It doesn't happen that often. I went into the room and we said a prayer. He asked me some simple questions about my family and my mission and we had a great talk. Then he explained why he said he is worried about our futures.
As missionaries we are constantly surrounded by good. Even if you try to be disobedient, you still have somebody with you 24/7 to help you stay in shape. We have the amazing privilige to testify to the children of God everyday and feel the spirit with us at all times. We get to serve every second of the day for 2 whole years. Then we come home and all of that goes away.
Elder Whiting made absolute sure that I would not lose what I have now. That my testimony will not go away. He warned me of specific things and gave me some great advice. But that interview was a huge eye opener for me. I have not been thinking about the future that much. I still have 6 months left! But.... I only have 6 months left....
With that in mind I worked SUPER hard this week. My cousin, Sister Snow, just recently returned from serving her mission. She talked about how hard she worked everyday, how much the mission changed her and how crazy bold she got every day. I tried to be like that this week.
We were walking past a house that looked like nobody lived in it. It was old and creepy, but we heard crazy loud metal music coming from it.  Of course we decided to go ping it. We pinged the door (which was upstairs too.. kinda weird) and out came exactly what we thought would come out.  A young guy with tons of tatoos and wearing all black. The first thing he tells us is how much he loves Jesus Christ. Then he shows us all of this tatoos and the cross is has on his right hand. He really likes the teaching of Christ, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for tooth." Well.... He has his doctrine mixed up, but he still really loves Christ. We were actually able to teach him a great lesson and made an appointment with him. That was one of the great chances I had to be bold.
We had a lot of finding time this week because our investigators got sick... But during that finding time we worked way hard and found lots of great people. I love you all so very much.
Be excellent to each other!
 
-Mecham Choro.

No comments:

Post a Comment