Wednesday, May 8, 2013
The last week at the Empty-Sea
That is right ladies and gents the last week!!!! I leave for Japan in less than 24 hours!!! ERWEHOIGHDS:LIGHSDO:GIHE:FOIH!!!!!!!! I am freaking out. I am shaking in my seat while writing this email. So because of how much I have to do this email probably won't be very long. I have not even had time to eat breakfast yet. WOOO! I love missions! Hahah so let me just recap my experience at the mtc. So it was crazy hard and crazy fun. I started off knowing no Japanese and pretending like I understand. I still pretend like I understand, I just got better at guessing what people are talking about. I had amazing sensei's who taught me so much about how to better teach people and better understand the language of the spirit. That was great! To get a little cheesy real quick, because I know that is all that everybody wants, I taught 3 investigators while I was in the empty-sea. They were real people that my teachers taught but they were just pretending to be them. Yesterday was my last lessons with my teachers, but also the last time with the investigators. There was this one investigator that was really becoming real for me. Her name is Nishimura Shimai. She is the 95 year old grandma. Teaching her was amazing. I taught her so much about prayer and about Jesus Christ. She loved it all so much. After we finished teaching her and had her "baptism" our sensei showed us pictures of who we actually taught. She told us her story about the baptism of Nishimura Shimai. Nishimura shimai could not be baptized originally because her doctor said that if she went in water she would die because of how old she was. It took the faith of her grandson to be baptized to help her decide to be baptized. She said right before her baptism that the reason she is able to do it now is because she knows that Jesus Christ will help her. She had 4 people help her as she went under the water. 2 elders holding her and 2 nurses holding her head. It was crazy to hear the story. After we heard about how amazing the spirit was for her baptism and we were all so happy our sensei showed us the picture of her. As the picture was being passed around people started to cry. I didn't understand why until it got to me. She is the smallest and happiest woman I have ever seen. She had such an amazing smile on her face right after her baptism. The second I saw the picture of her I felt like she was standing right next to me saying thank you for teaching me, even though I only taught my teacher who was pretending to be her. It was an amazing experience and then our whole class cried together because our teachers were leaving us and we cried and it was beautiful. That is basically it that has happened this week. There have been other things like getting ready and teaching and listening and learning, but this is what really stood out to me. It has been an amazing MTC experience, but I am so ready to get out in the Real world again and go to a different planet called Japan!!!! It is going to be the best! I love you all so much! Please email me! and letters if you want! I love you all, I love you all, I love you all!
-Mecham Choro
Please have everyone email me! Anyone who wants to can email me! Anyone and everyone and I can email them back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell Julie and Claire thank you for me. Tell them THANK YOU SO MUCH for the food and letters they sent me. They are the greatest and I love them so much. We have the best family in the whole world and I always feel the prayers from them. You are all so incredible. I might just start crying in the laundry room about how amazing this family is. WEEEE!! haha I love you and I am excited to call you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment