Wednesday, May 1, 2013

week 7

What is making those shadows???????

Previously on the Empty-Sea week 7,
Yes that is write ladies and gents, I am exactly 8 days away from being in a different country. Basically a different world. So this last week was the worst week I have had in the MTC! WOOO!!! Washoi! (party) Seriously was so hard. Guys satan is the worst. He likes to attack your thoughts and emotions constantly. BUT too bad cause we are bigger and better than he is and we are going to win. I started realizing all I am going to be leaving and how crazy far away I am going to be, and that I can't even communicate with the people I love so much, and that I am going to be tired for 2 more years, and that I am not going to know what to do, where to go, or who my companion is going to be. Missions are hard. But they are so worth it. I am noticing so many blessing I have been receiving since even deciding to serve a mission. Basically this last week was the worst because my brain decided to give up on me. It decided that I needed a break from Japanese and that I would no longer understand it. I could not understand anything anyone was saying for some reason that I don't know. This allowed me to become very sad and have a week full of 'off days'. This really taught me how to create better situations for myself and how to have fun when life gets super hard. I can't listen to music when I am sad. I can't go sit alone and just stare. I can't go watch a happy movie. I can't go eat the food I want to eat. I can't text my friends. I can't call my family and ask for help. BUT I CAN always pray. Prayer is probably the greatest thing a missionary can have. I am learning how to say better and more meaningful prayers. I can pray to my heavenly father anytime, anywhere. I can read the scriptures and receive revelation. I can talk to my companion and ask for help. I can receive a blessing of comfort from any elder. I can sing songs in my head and visualize what I need. I can think to myself and pray and thank my Heavenly Father for everything I have. I can go serve the Lord and help bring others to Him. Okay yeah my life is gooood. I just needed to remind myself of who I am representing and what I am doing. That is how I changed my attitude and made it so this will be the best week ever. So this last Sunday we (my district) sang Nearer My God to Thee in Japanese for sacrament meeting. Yes the same version I wrote for my farewell that my beautiful sisters sang. It was amazing. I was so gald we were able to sing it. Also the kohai got here last wednesday. They are the newest missionaries going to Japan. So there are only for sisters and one elder going to Sapporo. Super crazy, but still we are so excited. My companion and I had to do an orientation for all of the new missionaries including the Nihonjin (japanese missionaries) I have never talked so much Japanese in my life. It was hard. We had to show them how to do a companionship inventory, what their new schedule is like, and the rules of the the MTC. That was fun. It is so crazy how I am able to talk to people in a language that I have only been studying for 7 weeks. The gift of tongues in real. So yeah there really is not much to report from this last week because my brain was always somewhere else this last week. I don't have my travel plans yet. The travel office is being mean and they still have not printed them, BUT I am going to get on later today because we are forcing them to print them because we have to let family and friedns know what is going on. I love you all so much. Be excellent to each other.
-Mecham Choro.

this picture started off with just the nihonjin sisters and it ended with this. I am on the right side and the choro to my right in picture. actually it is my left if you put yourself where I was but looking the picture on the right that is the elder going to sapporo. the only one.



The nihonjin are in love with the idea of my name being Mikan choro (the japanese orange)
Hello!!! I just got my travel plans for real!! So here is how it is going to happen. First on Wednesday May 8th we leave the MTC at 7:30 am. We get in a car and drive up to the airport at 8 so we can be there by 9. We arrive at the airport around 9 to be on our first plane at 11:15. We leave from SLC to Seattle WA airport at 11:15 and land in Seattle 12:23 seattle time. (I dont know the time change or if there is one) We have a layover there from 12:23-2:20 so that is when they want us to call home. It is either a short phone call in the morning around 10 ish maybe, that is a maybe because of lines and all that good stuff, or a longer phone call about 30-45 minutes around 12:30 ish. Let me know what will be easier for you. Wow. Of course I forgot to make a list so I can email you what I need. Well too bad. Looks like I will just send you a letter. I was planning on doing that anyway. So we leave from Seattle at 2:20 Pm and land in Tokyo Japan on May 9th at 4:45 pm. Yes a whole 26 hours of time change. Then from Tokyo we fly to Sendai at 6:55 pm after another 2 hour layover. Then we land in Sendai and wait for 35 minutes to board another plane to leave at 8:40 pm to land finally in Sapporo at 9:55 pm. Holy Tako I am so excited. If you have any questions comments or concerns just dear elder me. If it is really important I will send a letter and if not I get another email next week too. Yes we have p-day the day before we live. Our lives are gooood. All of the missionaries going to Sapporo are on the same flight. There are 7 of us total going there. It is pretty awesome. I have never been to Seattle before I am so excited!!!!!!!!! Oh and Japan will be pretty cool too. So my doryo is just typing his email now. He is not as fast as I am at typing so he takes a lot longer to do email than I do. So I have to sit here and wait to get him going. But instead I would like to take this opportunity to write a longer email!!! Except I don't know what to talk about... So how is everyone doing? Jenalyn's hair looks even more red!! It looks very nice. Juliann I loved your letter you sent about your soccer game you are probably the greatest soccer player the world has ever seen. Shhhh don't tell your friends. Just kidding tell everyone. Justin your baseball story you shared with me made me laugh SOO hard. I remember when I did baseball and whenever I was outfield I would just sit there and play in the grass and Danielle all the time, or in Japanese I would "bu" Yes bu is fart. Mom would come to our games and yell, "GO angels! You Suck!!" So funny. We really were the worst, but it was still a lot of fun. Jenalyn I just want to take this opportunity to sing a song to you. A song that you will have to make up because you can't hear what I am singing. But I am singing it very beautifully (so really it is so nasty) Jenalyn you are almost done with school!! You can do it cause it is very important. Seriously you can do it. Trust me. You have an amazing family and amazing friends who support and love you. We want the best for you and you will get the best. All three of the little children only have one month left. Work as hard as you can, cause summer will be so much better. Oh! I wrote this all over everything this last week, "the path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell" Oh and the song just ended. I finished singing cause some sisters just walked into the computer lab I am in. Kimazui! (awkward) yes I was actually singing. So some things I forgot. Brother Lewis sends me the greatest letters ever. Tell him that please. And he wants to make sure that my scripture is the right one. And yes it is. Tell him it is Doctrine and Covenants 18:10. Thank you! I feel like there was something else!!! OH!!! yes I remember. Tell sister PUGINA that she is the nicest person the world has ever met. Attack her with gratitude for me. I am trying to send her a letter, but I am so lazy and busy. She sent me a package the other day with reses in it and a letter with 20$ in it. She is so nice. Also the Scouts!!!! WHA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! Seriously I was laughing so hard when I got the toilet paper messages. I rolled it out all over our classroom and everone ate it. We also destroyed the chips and salsa within 3 minutes. It was beautiful. POP ROCKS!! Holy wowowowowow I was so happy. That is a treasure and a blessing. Thank you so much. I loved the letters from everyone. It is so fun to read. I loved the Haderlies (?) (I can't spell) message and Secret Egget (yes she did sign Secret Egget) that was awesome. Also to see all the scouts talking about their missions is inspiring. The work is really moving forward! and the Bishop writing on it hahah I was honored. Seriously that was the best package ever. BUT!! What the what?! The latest package came and blew my mind. Larry the cable guy chips!? Hahahahah I am scared. I ate a few of them but they were kinda gross so a kohai ate them. They loved it. Best honey butter and bread so far. Thank you very much! And the veggie chips!!!! YES!!!! I am in Ten (heaven in Japanese) So yeah that is my gratitude for right now. Wow I am so hyper. I just got out of the temple and it was great. I am so amped and excited for Japan. It is going to be so hard!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh yeah super awesome! hahah I made a japanese person say that the other day. So funny. I love you all.
SO much
ALOT
Tons
And even more
And some more
 
 
moist (Shimepoi)
 
Yes I looked it up.

School of Hogwarts

 

No comments:

Post a Comment