Monday, June 3, 2013

Japan 4th week-12


I just took this today. I forgot to take one during the week. This if from my appartment. I will take the hashtag to great places soon.


My bed
Hello Everybody! I have been in Japan for 3 weeks now and starting on week 4. Whoa. Time is crazy on missions. Almost like it doesn't exist. Anyways here is what happened this last week. So this last week was the week to teach lessons. A lesson is whenever you talk to somebody about the gospel and then listen and they say that you may talk to them again about the message. Our goal for the week was 7 and we had 13 I think. 2 of those lessons were from housing. We went and housed this one apartment that is just for college students. They live in little boxes basically. It is crazy. It is not healthy. The walls are really small and the doors are really short. It is funny. Anyways random things I want to change from Japanese culture... So we were at this one door and the way that the doors open I was standing on the stairs and it took up the entire hallway so the person that opened the door could only see me. I could see my companion but he could not be seen from the person inside of the door. So I had to do an entire lesson by myself. I talked to a college student, whose name I cannot remember at all, all by myself and taught him about god. I testified that he would receive the help and love he needs from god. He said that he liked the message and it would be okay if I came back. He is taking a test this week, but we are going to go back and try to talk to him again. I did it all by myself! I understood like 60% of what he said, but I was actually able to talk to somebody by myself! My companion did not look at me to help me and honestly just sat on the ground. It was kinda weird... But Anyways. That was a great experience. I have met some great people who really want to hear this message. So out of all the people we are teaching the oldest is 23. The youngest is 18. We have been told to focus on the younger generation, but we are not even trying. These people just come to us. They always happen to be walking right next to us when we need to talk to them. They are everywhere and always wanting to listen. They are great. That is what I love about Japanese. There are no swear words. The meanest thing somebody could say to you is that they think that they don't want to listen to your message. They may say they don't really like you, but it is imposslbe to say that you hate somebody in Japanese. Also impossible to say that you miss somebody. But we did meet this one guy who is studying drama and he knows a little bit of english. I called him yesterday and he told me that he misses me. I just laughed. Cause first his english is super funny, but also that he said he misses me. So great. Yesterday we went to visit some non attending members, but none of them were home. So we went housing. We got invited into this one house by this guy who was in his underwear. He said that I am a beautiful man. He said it in English. Whenever Japanese people talk in English it scares me. It sounds way funny. So we talked to him for a while and he said we could come back, but who knows if we will. Honestly he was really sketchy and he gave us chocolate after. So funny. My language is really getting so much better. It blows my mind every day that I am talking to people in Japanese. Seriously it is amazing how quickly I am learning. Gift of Tongues is for real! So I don't have a lot of time because all of the missionaries want to email (14 missionaries) 4 computers. Not good. Anyway I love and miss you all. I am going to try and send a letter soon. They only take about a week to get to America from Japan, but they take like 2 weeks from America to Japan. Crazy.
Be excellent to each other.
Love you.
Elder Jake Snow Mecham choro
Desk


Just in case you need some anus loving.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoy his letters. He makes me happy. Take a closer look at the toilet picture and notice the different kind of cleanings.

      Delete