Sunday, June 30, 2013

Japan 1 month 4 weeks-16

Does this bike make me look fat?
 
No. Just pregnant.
 
But really I look fat in this picture haha

wow he is nice

Beauty with Class.
t.m Snow Orthodontics.

Purikura...This is a weird thing that a lot of Japanese girls do like an extreme photo booth where you can write on it and make is super girly. So naturally a lot of the Elders do it. It is supposed to make you look American, but if you are American it makes you look like and Alien.
(sorry it is hard to see.) 


I am now for real starting my mission. Although I am still training for one more transfer, I have seen what missionary work looks like and now I am having to actually do what I have learned. That means that there is no time to waste! It is crazy how fast time moves in the world. If I don't take time to stop and slow down, I easily get lost and lose track of what matters most. So here is what has happened this last week.
Monday we went and taught Takako san who has a family of 4. She is doing great and we talked to her for about an hour and a half and then tried to see if we can get them to english class on tuesday. They are such an awesome family. I have yet to meet the Husband, but he wants to meet us. Takako san reads the book of mormon with him and she is praying. They talk about the church together and so we are just waiting for him to have a day off where we can talk to both of them. I am excited to see what will happen with them. Tuesday we had english class which was just listening to engrish for a while. It is always fun. But the peak of this week was Wednesday. This last week we met an Anti-Christ. So we were walking down Odori Park and contacting people. There was this tiny man on a bike who I contacted. He kept biking and we kept walking. Suddenly we heard him turn around and he came biking back to us talking pretty loud. So in the MTC we only learned polite Japanese. If anyone speaks mean Japanese I cannot understand what they are saying. So he came up to us and in a mean way asked us why we contacted him. I said that he looked nice and we want to share a message with him. He then went off! I understood bits and pieces of what he said, but even my companion said that the Japanese that he said was the meanest Japanese he has ever heard. People would walk by and give us looks of sympathy. Like "oh those poor foreigners..." So he asked us why we talked to him and what we believe in. He asked us who we think god is. I told him he is our Heavenly Father. He asked where heaven is. Well I don't know.. So I asked him where he thinks it is. that just made him more mad. He kept saying we are so stupid because we are teaching a message about God but we don't even know where heaven is. He yelled at us for about an hour and a half and would not let us leave. He would block us with his bike if we tried to leave. Eventually my companion got away and he followed us! He even hit my companion with his bike. He was seriously insane! We got to our bikes and he followed us on his bike for another 15 minutes yelling at us until we finally got away.
That was a great learning experience. As crazy as he was and the little I understood, I felt a lot. I felt him take away the spirit the second he started talking. He was looking for us to say something he could fight against, and you can't fight against a testimony. You can't fight against what somebody knows and believes. I learned that "the truth cutteth the heart of the wicked" everytime we talked he would get mad. He would never answer our questions and he would yell. Everytime he talked we listened and tried to answer, but he wouldn't let us. But I learned that the worst thing that could happen is they don't listen. That is it. We tried so hard to talk to him because we feel bad for him. God loves everyone and we should too. We love him and tried to help him, but he wouldn't let us. If anything he was a testimony builder. He showed me how I just need to testify and hope they listen. Truth is really easy to notice when you hear it. Truth is way simple. You just have to look for it and want it. That is this weeks learnings and like such as. I am always out of time.... Well I love you all! Stay cool kids! Be excellent to each other!
-Mecham Choro


No comments:

Post a Comment