hashtag navajo taco
Hello It is Me Mecham Choro. Today I am going to start off by answering questions because they are at the top of the screen and I can see them. So we usually walk everywhere. We do love Odori park, but really we just walk everywhere. There is the place in Sapporo right next to the park that is called Susukino. That place is evil! Basically just all the bad stuff in the world in one little part of the city, so we aren't allowed to go in there. So basically we just walk around there and visit members that surround the place. There is this one place I love called Kinjin course. Which just means Golden people. We meet AMAZING people there. I love it. It is a little walk way with lots of trees next to the Sapporo train station. I will take a picture of it next time I go. You actually aren't allowed to contact people inside the train stations, so we kinda hang out around the parks and outside of the train stations. The only problem is the times we go. If it is around the time work gets out it is bad because the workers never listen to us. They just want to go home. Really the people that actually listen to us are the college students. Japanese people love public transportation. They don't really use cars, because there is nowhere to park. Everyone rides bikes everywhere! I love it. Really if you don't want a car in Japan, you don't need a car. You can definitely get around without needing one. The mode of transportation in Japan is walking. There are a lot of trains, buses, subways and underground tunnels. There is even an underground city. Yeah when you think that it is crazy during the day and there are tons of people walking around we just walk down the stairs and we are in an even more crowded place. There are always people moving and going somewhere in Japan. I love it. I have slowly been learning more about the culture. Most of the time I can't recognize the culture because I don't know what they are saying when they are telling me that I am breaking their culture. hahaha. I always say the funniest things to people. The other day some lady asked me in a store if I wanted a sticker on my juice and I said I don't have one. Hahaha I thought she asked if I had a Seven11 card. Also a fun little culture point. You never hand cash to people. There is usually a little sissy plate kind of thing that you put your money on and they pick it up from that. I remember my first time eating out and I handed the cashier my cash and she gave me a really weird look. That is basically how I learn the culture. By messing up hahah. Now I will do my weekly update! Wooo!
Monday- after doing emails last week I had my first sushi. It was not as good as I wanted it to be. Don't get me wrong I loooveed it, but I don't like wasabi... yet. So it was kinda hard cause they put wasabi on everything. It was fun though. Sushi places in Japan are SO loud. Apparently the louder they are the more delicious they are. Pretty fun stuff. They are way different than american sushi. I will learn to love it though.
Tuesday- This was the highlight of my week. We meet a bearded lady!!! So we were getting on the tram to go home after teaching english class and this lady walks onto the tram. She had a thick beard. It was easily better than anything I could ever grow. She was watching us the whole time she was sitting next to us. Then she contacted us. We aren't allowed to contact women, but if they contact us it is fine. She said in english, "are you missionaries?" yes. " I am so happy to meet you! My name is Johanna! I am from Taiwan and I am a member. I went on a mission too!" hahahah we talked to her for a good 15 minutes before our stop and she just testified to us the whole time. She really loved her mission. It was so awesome so meet her. She was only in Japan for 6 days and she was actually going back to her hotel to pack to go home. It was pretty crazy stuff but a lot of fun.
Wednesday- This is the biggest thing I learned this week. So I we were talking (the missionaries) about life and stuff and about how they have handled hard times on their mission. I was shocked by some of the trials missionaries have had on their mission. I asked how they did it. A missionary asked me,"Do you love God? Then you have no reason to worry." Whoa. So true. I was thinking how if I had to do some of the things those missionaries had to do, and was really doubting whether or not I could do it. They said the love God and they never doubt His will and His requests. I was not necessarily questioning the reason for doing certain things, but just trying to see the purpose behind it. The thing is we have no idea where we are being lead to our whole life. We are always being lead to people we need to meet and people that need to meet us. I learned that if we love God and follow His will and on His time, there is no reason to fear. Just enjoy the ride and trust Him. It was a great little wake up call.
Thursday-I just missed Lake Powell this day. That is all I wrote in my Journal hahaha. But is was a great day!
Friday- we met with 3 investigators that day. All of them are really close to baptism. Their lessons were great and they really progressed. These lessons on Friday and Saturday lead up to something great on Sunday. On Sunday we had 3 investigators come to church! My companion said he has never had that happen on his mission. It was a great blessing. They all expressed how they know that this is what they need and where they need to be. It was great. Wow. I am out of time. Well to sum it all up, Trust God and everything will work out, and enjoy the ride. Love you all! Be excellent to each other.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment