Dearest readers of the blog I have never seen,
This week was a great week for me. So I have this investigator who is one of my favorite people on the planet. Her name is Nada Takako san. She is 29 years old and had 2 amazing kids. When we first met her she was basically asking for us to come teach her everything we know. She has such an awesome family and she said that what we have to teach her would really help out her family. We taught her 3 times in 2 weeks and then she said that she is going to busy next week but we could meet with her after. Well that was 3 months ago. We never saw her since. This week we went again (probably for the 15th time) to see if she was home. She was ignoring our calls so I felt like we needed to leave her a letter. I wrote her a letter asking her if she is doing all right and said if she is busy she can always email us. Well on Friday this week we had a REALLY hard time. Everyone we visited was not home and everyone we contacted ignored us. Right after we tried to visit our last person we were biking back home and we contacted this one short, fat guy. He attacked our beliefs. He just kept yelling at us and telling us we were wasting our time and money. We testified to him that we know that what we are doing is important and will bring people the true happiness they are looking for. That just made him more angry so he attacked even more and then we left. After we contacted somebody that we already contacted before and he said that we are annoying. That was hard. So by now we were in HORRIBLE moods. Then our phone went off. Nada san emailed us back. She said that due to family issues she had to get a job to support her family. She leaves at 6 in the morning and gets back at 6 at night. So she has been unable to answer our calls or call us back because of how busy she is. She was also never home when we visited her. She said she had a lot of fun meeting with us and when the time is right and she can, she will call us to meet with us again. Well I don't think I will ever see her again, but I know that we helped to plant a huge seed. This was really hard for me. I wanted to meet with her again soooo bad. So Friday was hard. Then Saturday came around. That was miracle day. There is this one investigator I found named Kitabayashi san. He is a mircale in itself. I found him and contacted him by myself. Because of the way the doors were in his apartment my companion was unable to be seen so it was just me talking to him when we found him. He said that he hated missionaries before, but when he met me it changed. We found him on the only day that he had off from work for 2 months. Well Saturday we had a Jazz Night festival. I felt like I should invite him and he said yes! He not only showed up, but he brought 3 friends. We had so much fun with them. We ate so much food and talked about a lot of things. They even expressed interest in prayer. This was Saturday. Then Sunday we met with a guy from Tokyo who is visiting Hokkaido for a few weeks. We met with him at the church and talked for 2 hours. We taught him so much. He had a lot of questions. At the end of the lesson he said, "can you please give my info to the missionaries in Tokyo. I need this message. I need to meet with them again." Well of course we would be happy to do that. After there happened to be a wedding reception at the church so he was invited and he met a ton of amazing members. He said that he loves how family oriented our church is and he said he felt sooo much love from everyone and that this is exactly what he was been looking for. Well that is right. Blessings come after trials. The Trials suck so hard, but you just get over that, because the blessings are just so amazing that you don't even care about the trials anymore. That is what has happened this week. I have no time so I am going to attach some emails that I sent to some of my friends. I love you all. Be excellent to each other. And in the words of one of my greatest best friends, "be more excellent today than you were yesterday" -Sarah Campbell.
Weeeeeee.
-Jake Snow Mecham Choro.
No comments:
Post a Comment