Sunday, September 8, 2013

japan 3 months 4 weeks-26

This was at his apartment. Please enjoy the translation he said. This was a facebook post. 

Ice cream break. 

Classy Indian Curry. I was drinking some Lassie. Super good yogurt drink thing. 

Toyohira river. One of my favorite rivers. 


Sometimes it is hard to wake up. This is watabe choro.

Oh no. I am at 6 months... 

Well. There goes 1\4 of my mission. So to not focus on how crazy that is I am going to talk about this great week! This week was very fun and very long. It was so long and so short and really boring. That makes sense right? Well on Monday we went to a member named Brother Nomiya's house. We went there at 6 and planned to only stay for an hour. Oh he was also the first Church member I met when I came to Japan. He is one of the weirdest people on the planet. I love him so much. He is about 60 ish and wears the same suit everyday. He lives in kind of a sketchy apartment so we were kinda scared to see what he would feed us. Turns out he is a REALLY good cook. He fed us some great pumpkin soup and the greatest spicy soup curry I have ever had. So a funny thing about him is that he loves Facebook. He is probably the best facebook stalker on the planet. When we first got to the apartment he immediately had to show us his facebook page and the new friends he has. He also showed us all of the people he stalks. Seriously though be safe. He is the funniest guy on the planet and extremely harmless but he has probably seen your facebook page. He knows where you sleep. Tuesday was our last day of English Class because the church where we teach it at is getting remodeled so we will no longer be teaching. We played a game that involved English and the only thing I remember is losing and getting so angry. I lost to people who don't speak English at all. That was pretty funny. I would love to tell you what happened but for real I was so mad I don't even remember hahaha. Wednesday we met with Sasaki san. We talked about baptism and he said he wants to get baptized but he is still having a hard time with coming to church. So the lesson was pretty awkward but we are still doing our best to teach him. Thursday we went to the Sakurai families house. They live pretty far from our apartment so we had a pretty long and amazing bike ride. The area I am in is really city and there comes a point when you are biking and all of the sudden you are on a giant bridge going over a river with a ton of trees and the city just stops. It is really cool. At the Sakurai families house we talked for an hour and a half about missions. The mother served a mission and it was amazing to hear her experiences. 4 missionaries that are serving in Japan right now are here because of her. They are her converts children. It is amazing. It made me think about how big of an impact we have on everyone. Friday I had a split with Uekubo Choro. We went to teach a guy named Wakinaka san and after we taught him he made us all watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the commercial for Titanic. Hahaha it was a lot of fun. He has a HUGE TV and 18 speakers so we had a party. Saturday we found for 8 hours. We did nothing but talk to people who said they have no interest. It was very difficult. I don't remember much about what happened because I got really angry. Sunday we went to the Tsujimoto Families house for dinner. They are my favorite family ever. After we finished eating we were in charge of the lesson. I said 'okay I need a bible' all of the sudden their whole family (8 people) took off to their rooms to get their bibles. It was so awesome. They were fighting each other to be the first ones to be back. Then they made us sit in chairs while they sat on the ground and listened to us. I had so much fun. I wish I took pictures but I was angry. This week I learned about how much anger sucks. You can't do ANYTHING when you are angry. Getting angry does nothing for you but make your life worse. This week was pretty hard for me just because of that. I would let really stupid things get to me. Like 'why did that car pull out in front of me?!' 'I am sweaty!' 'My throat hurts' Seriously stupid things. I did not pay attention to the important things that were happening around me. I was too focused on me to even realize how stupid I was being. I learned how important goals are. Thank you LEAP. When I had specific goals for what to to when I got angry, I had no problems. I was able to have more fun, remember what was going on, and focus on others. Basically forgetting about yourself is the hardest thing, especially if you are full of pride like me. But the easiest way to forget about yourself is remember who you are working for. I am working for God. I am serving His children. I am here to help my future family. I am here to bless my family and friends. I am here to show everyone I see that God loves them. If I am angry and focused on myself, well that sucks because they don't get to experience what I could have helped them experience. I had to say to myself many times, "GET OVER YOURSELF" It was tons of fun. Just remember how much God loves you and how much we should love Him. AND I LOVE YOU ALL!! Be excellent to each other. 
Mecham Choro. 


No comments:

Post a Comment