Tuesday, October 8, 2013
japan 5 months week-30
Well I only have like 10 minutes for email today so I am very very very sorry that I don't have time to individually email all of you. BUT you can read this! So this week was a pretty dramatic week for me. It was the first time I cried on the mission field. Yeah.. I cried like a little child. This happened on Saturday. But earlier in the week we didnt really do much. We just tried to visit a lot of people who were not home so we just kept biking to the next house and knocking on every door. And that was Tuesday through Friday. But Satruday was the day it changed. First we had a lesson with Chiba san. She is the mom of a 35 year old mom who is the only member in her family. We went to a team up lesson with her and Kotani Shimai (the sister that reminds me of Grandma Taylor) and taught Chiba Shimai's mom. It gets a little confussing when they only use their last name for their names... But we had an amazing lesson with her. The spirit was really strong. She first started out saying that she doesnt believe in God and is Buddhist and will never change. Then at the end of the lesson she said that she will read the Book of Mormom and pray to find out if God is real. Then she showed us millions of pictures of a guy that is the equivalent of a Japanese Justin Bieber. You just can't get away from Justin Bieber. Then we went to go teach Mizumasa san. She was not home so we felt like we needed to go visit a nearby Recent Convert nammed Yokoinai Kyodai. Well that was our guidance. When we got there his apartment smelt like alchohol and smoke. He came to the door and asked us why we came today. He asked us how did we know how to visit him today. Well... He was actually angry. Not just because he was drunk, but because he just lost all of his money spending it at a Pachinko (slot machines in Japan) He didnt want us to come it but we somehow made it in. We talked and testified for about 20 minutes. It ended up with him saying "I'm done". He said he felt too much pressure and cant handle all of the commandments. He hasnt been praying or reading the Book of Mormon and he said he his is quiting. He then said dont come back and made us leave. That was when I lost it. I testified the pee out of him. (Litterally though... he has bladder paralysis so he carries his pee in a bag everywhere with him and when I started testifying he started peeing...) I told him about the power of repentance and how amazing the atonment it. I dont think I have ever testified so hard. Then he said, Bye bye. In english. I left and when we started riding our bikes I lost it. First time I cried in mission field. It was a hard day and I was pretty messed up the next day too but yesterday we went to a lake with Kotani Shimai and Sato Kyodai! It was the most dissobedient day of my mission... We wore normal clothes and listened to elvis on the way to the lake. Then Niel Diamond on the way back. Oh funny story in Japanese Dissobidient it Uanpaku, pronounced like "Juan Pacu" would be in spanish. Well I am sorry I dont have any more time. But I love you all. Be excellent to each other!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment