Monday, October 28, 2013

Japan 5 months 3 weeks-33

BAHAHHA

Ninja town! 
Ninja 1

Ninja 2

#noguso the right way to poop
Cats eating humans

Oh yeah we had a halloween party too.. We were zombies. 
I attempted to be a zombie for the party. I used markers hahahah it failed. 
i dont understand either. 


JENALYN please tell me you know what is in the background. Oh and dad we stole your doughnut idea. Thank you. 
kau ga nashi (no face)
It was otsuka shimai. She is the most recent convert. Baptized in May. She is 22 and sooo funny. 

otsuka shimai winning best costume. 
Masuko san!  She gave us melon bread after! She is the shortest one. 

Ikeda Family
I love them so much. The branch president is James Snow. Laughs just like him.
This is normal. Weekly Planning
This week was a lot of fun. Exactly a week ago (last Monday) after doing emails we went to an ancient Ninja Castle where we watched Ninja's fight and cats eat humans. It was like being at Disney Land but Ninja style. It was a lot of fun. But instead of talking about that you can just look at the pictures. 
In total (including members) we only met with people 3 times this week. (2 out of the 3 were members) We have been doing SO much finding lately. Something I don't exactly love. Obviously I need to be learning more humility. I could talk all about our finding but really it is super boring. We bike to a spot that looks good, park our bikes, ping a door 'kekko desu' 'iranai' (I'm good. Don't need it) and then leave to another spot. We only taught one lesson this week and it was our last contact yesterday. 
The first group of people we met with this week were the Takahashi Family. (The oldies) there are two Takahashi families and one of them are the Grandparents. We went and visited the grandparents. When we pinged their door the first thing they said when they saw us was 'why? What do you want?' Hahahah needless to say our visit was a little awkward. They felt obligated to feed us, even though we said we just wanted to talk about doing missionary work. That said that doing missionary work is harder than making food for us so they made food for us instead. We tried SO hard to talk about ways they can share the gospel, but Takahashi Grandpa just kept talking about dead people and how he had his finger cut off for being bad. 
The next group of people we met with was actually a lesson. It was a lesson with Masuko san. It was one of the best lessons we have ever done. Masuko san has heard all of the lessons many times and does not know what to do next. She needs more faith and a strong testimony so we spent a whole lesson talking about faith. We had the help of two sisters in the branch team up with us and it was so powerful. They were able to help explain to Masuko san that through faith she can do anything. Masuko san really wants to know which church is right and really wants to be able to come to church (she cant because her husband is way against it) but during the lesson something clicked for her. She asked us why she always cries when she reads a certain story. Immediately one of the sisters said 'because you understand the spirit' Masuko san then began to cry and said, 'really? So I do have a testimony?' It was a huge step for her. She even sent us a text later that night thanking us for one of the greatest days she has had and from now on she is going to do her best to come closer to God. The thing I learned from this lesson is that in order to invite some one to where you are you first need to be where you want them to be. As I was testifying I felt my own testimony getting stronger and by doing that Masuko san had her testimony grow as well. 
The last group of people we met with was the Ikeda family. They are perfect. They need to be exalted right now. It is the branch president and his wife's family. They had us over at their house last night for dinner. It was some of the best tempura I have ever had. After we ate we shared a message on how to do missionary work. It turned into the Branch President talking for 20 minutes but we were totally fine with that! He did a great job and the lesson ended with us singing 'Because I have been Given Much' and the whole family crying. #success 
This week we did a lot of waiting as well. We had another Typhoon so we went to the mall to try and talk to people, but it failed. But that is when I learned if we are working our hardest God is too. Yesterday we met a kid named Tsuburai kun. He is 16 years old and happened to be friends of two of the Ikeda family kids. We taught him about God and prayer and he said that he really wants to learn more. It took us a whole week to find one person to talk to, but all of our hard work paid off. I love you all very much.
Be excellent to each other!
Mecham Choro. 


No comments:

Post a Comment