Sunday, November 3, 2013

Japan 5 months 4 weeks-34

Ladies and Gentlemen, Brothers and Sisters, Young and Old, Fat and Fatter, we had Transfers! I am still in Tomakomai, BUT I have a new companion. First sad news because it makes the crazy news sound so much better. This is my first American companion :( He is from Thousand Oaks, California. (Yes where the rich people live) Now the crazy news. The transfer before this transfer he was in the mission home because he was assistant to the president. Yeah... that means that I am horrible missionary so they felt like they needed to send me an incredibly strict companion. He has made many people cry. HAHAHA! I am too excited. His name is Elder Galeria. His first area was Tomakomai and his last area is going to be Tomakomai because he is going home very soon #expirationdate That is the exciting news of the week. I am also very low on time again because we are going to a crazy fish festival in 20 minutes. I also forgot the cord to upload pictures so if you only wanted to see pictures and not read an email please forgive me. 
This week was a lot of fun. I got to go back to Sapporo for Stake Conference on Saturday. When I first got to Japan it was Stake Conference. This means that I have been in Japan for exactly 6 months. Too crazy. Okay Two stories
ONE: Wednesday was my last day with Tokuzawa Choro and his last day in Tomakomai before he transferred on Thursday. We wanted to visit as many people as possible, but a lot of the people we wanted to visit were not home. We went to 3 members on the east side of the city and they weren't home so we went back to the mall to pick up something that Tokuzawa Choro needed before he left. When we were there we were talking about how we really wanted to say goodbye to Masuko San before Tokuzawa Choro transferred but that it is not going to happen because her husband won't let us visit her and she had work that day too. Right then we were about to leave when we saw Masuko San at the mall! It was awesome. She was so excited to see us. It was a little thing, but these little things mean a lot and have helped Masuko san and us so much. 
TWO: Yesterday we visited the Saito Couple. They are amazing. The husband was baptized in 2008 and 2 moths later they went to the temple. 6 moths after that they went on a mission. As soon as they finished their mission the husband got really sick and now is in a wheelchair, and can't make it to church anymore. They told us about how they want to do SO much but they can't because their bodies won't let them. I felt just like them. There was SO much I wanted to say to them and SO much I wanted to be able to do, but I just can't do it yet. We began talking and they said that we just need to do our best with what we have right now. Of course we have goals to help us progress, but we have to do our best with what we can do before we try to do something we can't. That was a great reminder. Right after we went and housed. I tried the things I new and I found myself learning new things and Japanese was flying everywhere. I ended up talking to this one lady for 25 minutes about service and I have no idea where the words I said came from. I learned to not be scared, but just try. Plus is it way funny when we mess up. My companion is doing a GREAT job at laughing when I mess up. I could choose to be upset or laugh too. Laughing is just a lot easier and so much more fun. This transfer is going to be amazing. We have already seen a lot of miracles and I know more are going to come! Sorry I am low on time again and I forgot pictures, but next week will have great pictures. Be excellent to each other. 
LOVE YOU. 
Mecham. 

No comments:

Post a Comment