I am busy on P-day... Again. We have music practice in one hour and it takes 45 minutes to get the to church where it is at. So I will be very quick.
This last week we went to SO many members houses. We have dinner appointments every day and some days we had multiple. It was sooo much fun. They were so much fun and some of them remembered me! So the craziest thing here right now is the snow. It is out of control. Within a few minutes it feels like it snows a foot. Wow I have no time to talk about the snow when even crazier things happened.
The first investigator I met with this week was Ogo san. He is homeless. Yeah... Really homeless. We had an appointment with him at 2 at the mission office but he showed up at 10 and hung out until we got there at 12 when we a got a call saying he was there. We show up and I had no idea where this homeless man came from and why were are teaching him. We go uptsairs to teach him and it just gets out of control. The whole time all I could think was that there is a homeless man in front of me who smells horrible and is looking at me like he is going to die tomorrow. I couldn't teach him because I didn't know what to do. My companion just barely got to Japan so he didn't really understand the situtation either. We prayed together with him for him to be able to get the help he needs and we finish and he said "okay where do I get food now?" What?... So the appointment we had with him was not to teach him but to help him find food and figure out how to live. He said that he feels like he is going to die and needed help. I then figured out what was going on because the assistant to the mission president came in and explained everything. We called a member that was helping Ogo san to find a shelter and it ended with us talking with a member for 4 hours on the phone trying to help this homeless man. Welcome back to Sapporo!
The next crazy story was at church. A ton of members we SO happy to see me and I was SO happy to see them, but the happiest person was an investigator of the Sisters. Her name is Kawashima san. I have eaten at her house before. Well she freaked out when she saw me and attacked. She said how she is going to bring me a ton of food and wants to teach me to dance and I have to teach her how to play drums. (I can play drums?) A member came up and said that I should start teaching her lessons and get her baptized. Kawashima san then said in english, "YES! I Hatetsu the sisters!" So now I am teaching Kawashima san, an old lady who is obbessed with me. Yay... Sadly I missed this crazy people. I am so exctied to be working in my First area again.
To end on a good note, yesterday I was feeling a little bit nervous about all of the new responsibilities I have and I said a quick prayer to be the example I need to be. We went out to go house an apartment and the first person we talked to had a ton of interest and we were able to teach him a lesson and schedule an appointment. The whole rest of the day I felt comforted that I can do this and it has been a high ever since. I love you all! I will send pictures next week! I am sooo sorry. No time. Be excellent to each other!
Mecham Choro.
No comments:
Post a Comment