Monday, July 21, 2014

Japan-Eniwa. Chitose 14 months 2 weeks-71

This is our apartment.

I went to the ocean again! Elder Mecham! The Dead Dolphin! hahahaha soo sad.

We got sooo artsy.
I love Japanese people
I have so many pictures just not time! I went back to Tomakomai for Eikaiwa last week! I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!


The 75 split.

To explain this email I have to talk about swimming for a bit.
In the 100 Breastsroke (or backstroke, free or fly ect.) the 75 yard split is always the slowest. The splits are divided into 4 splits of 25 yards. The first 25 is really fast. You have the dive and the push to keep you going. The second 25 you are getting used to it, but you want to get you lead in front of others. The thrid 25 or the 75 split, is the slowest. You see others who are either behind you and you think they wont catch you, or you see others in front of you and you think there is no way to get where they are. It is the most tiring and depressing split. Your body and mind are very tired.
I was thinking about this while we were biking on our hour trip up to Matsuda san. For some reason this mission has been a little hard right now. I have been wondering why and then I realized I am on my 75 split. The first 25 I had the dive from the MTC and the rush of learning how to be a missionary. The second 25 I started to learn Japanese and got a little lead on knowing how to do things. Right now my body is tired. My mind is weak and sometimes it shows in my work. I hate this. I LOVE working hard. While we were biking up to Matsuda san, my mind and body just didn't want to go. I wanted to move so much faster. I wanted to talk to everybody around me, but nothing happened. I was just slowly pedalling and not saying anything. It was sad. It was weird.
Every contact I did lacked some energy. The people that rejected us seemed to reject just a little bit harder than normal. Our investigators seemed a little less interested and the work just felt slow. I would get back to the apartment and night and just not want to eat and go straight to bed. It was really weird! I hated this! This is the Lords time, not my time and I cannot afford to waste this time.
I felt like I prayed hard, but it just wasn't working. We had a lesson at church on work and how important our attitude is. I tried to change my attitude, but it still felt like the outcome didn't change at all. When we were housing yesterday a lady told me that my Japanese doesn't make any sense and the message we have to share can't benefit her. I was so mad. She was hiding behind her door. Not even talking to us face to face. Then she slowly walked away and left me talking to myself, getting angry to a wooden door.
Seriously this email sounds depressing, but in all reality this week was a little depressing. I don't know why.
Then I read a talk. It is by Elder Holland. The talk is called Urgency. He says how missionaries have a hard time when they go out and share what they hold most precious to their hearts and people tear apart what you love. It hurts. But Salvation isn't cheap.
When I read 'Salvation isn't cheap' it made sense. I am having a little down slope in the mission, but in reality it is not down at all. I am learning more about my Savior. I am experiencing what He did. It is only a TINY fraction of what He experienced, but I am still so grateful for that little piece I get to try.
In the 75 split of swimming, if you don't pick up the pace and work hard, your overall time will be bad. The 75 is just as important as the other splits, but if you slow down, it is over. My brain and Body wanted to slow down this week, but too bad. Ain't nobody got time for that. This is Eternal Salvation and requires all I have to give!
It was a great learning week. We didn't really do much, didn't see any amazing things, but I learned amazing things. This mission is the greatest and I am soooo grateful that I am here. I love you all soooo much. Be excellent to each other.
 
-Mecham Choro.
 
ps. I am totally fine now, I just like making my emails sound really dramatic. (Maybe I will get more followers on my blog that way. Then they will get baptized.)

No comments:

Post a Comment