 |
| Dinner with Narita san. I love her! She is so nice and so much fun. |
 |
| We prepared for the party with Matsuda san. Lots of Halloween love. |
 |
| So cute. |
 |
| Shabu Shabu love. |
 |
| Matsuda san put us in sleeping bags because it was cold hahaha |
 |
| We attacked the garage where we always talk. |
 |
| in the quiet moisty morning. |
 |
| This picture was taken after we visited koichi san. He came out to us that he is a member of the mafia. HAHAHAHA He is so scary. he also had cocaine on the table when we came over hahahahahaha oh my gosh..... |
 |
| We have a Sister in our apartment now... Wow I don't know if this is okay to send hahahahahaha |
 |
| AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so bad. Hand-me-downs from an Elder in Tomakomai. |
 |
| BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |
 |
| We heart attacked a member. Then ran away and took pictures from an apartment. Turns out the sisters had just finished heart attacking the same members. hahaha |
 |
I got to teach Narita sans English class on monday! It was so much fun! I love Narita san!
Halloween Meat |
For Halloween most Americans run around house to house getting over-packed sugary candy and fatty treats. This year in Japan, we ran around house to house getting lots of meat.
The first meat party was with the Maeda family. We had a thing called Shabu Shabu. It is really thin sliced meat that you put into a boiling pot of water and it cooks in a few seconds. You take it out dip it in some delicious sauce and eat! It is magic. And you eat for at least 2 hours. (the meat never seems to end) This was Thursday night, the day before Halloween.
Halloween we had a Shabu Shabu party scheduled with Matsuda san. So we went up to her house for Lunch (did not eat breakfast) and ate meat until our stomachs cried. Then we ate chocolate.
Saturday we went over to Narita sans house for dinner and she made delicious pulled beef. We also had KFC and lots of other delicious food. More Halloween meat. I think I gained 15 pounds of meat fat.
Anyways that is just a funny story. But we had a really great experience this week.
Yesterday was the 6 year mark of Matsuda sans husbands death. It is the hardest day of the year for her and she dreads it every time it comes around. We went over for Halloween and gave her lots of chocolate and candy to help her stay happy, but we knew we needed to call her on Sunday, the day her husband died. I called her at night and we talked for about an hour.
Matsuda san had no desire to believe in God. She feels that her sorrow and her second failed marriage is her fault. She feels that she did something wrong. That being abused as a child and a spouse is her fault and she has to deal with the sorrow and pain for the rest of her life. But yesterday, that changed. She said she wants to believe. She wants to believe in God and wants to understand why she feels the way she does. She shared how she always feels happy when she is around the missionaries. I testified to her that it is the spirit. She is feeling the spirit and wanting to experience it more.
I had the great opportunity to testify to her the healing power of the atonement. It was only over the phone but the spirit was so strong. At the end of the phone call she expressed her gratitude and love. It was a very nice phone call, and a huge step closer towards her Heavenly Father.
Wow. I just ran out of time. That went by to quick. Transfer calls are tomorrow! I hope I stay here! I love you all so much. Be excellent to each other!
-Mecham Choro.
No comments:
Post a Comment