Almost every Tuesday after English class we are sprinting back to the apartment so we make it back at 9:00. The second the train doors open we burst out and run down the stairs to the ticket office and get out as fast as we can. One week we opened the doors to get outside of the train station and began to run back to the apartment when we hear from behind us say very slowly (in a voice that sounded like a witch) "Melchizedek Priesthood! Bahahahahahaha(seriously a witch cackle#spellcheck)" It was a less active member who works at the airport so she can't make it to church on Sundays. She knows a little bit of English and so she tries her best to speak it to us whenever she can. She really misses the church and wants to come back. She really likes the Priesthood. She told us how much power we have and how we need to use it. Then she painfully waved goodbye to us as we ran back to the apartment. I was too busy laughing at how funny the situation was to realize that a less active member just testified to us about the priesthood.
This week we finished all of the lessons with Haramai san. There is nothing new that he needs to know before he gets baptized. He is prepared and just needs to decide for himself to be baptized. We started the lesson with a prayer and the daughter jumps in the second we say amen. " I want to be a Sister Missionary when I grow up!" This got her dads attention. "I mean, I know about God. I am lucky. I know who God is and it makes me happy. I want everyone else to know about God and be happy. That is why I want to be a Sister Missionary." She is 8 years old and not even baptized yet. Well that immediately#spellcheck brought the spirit into the room.
We taught about the organization of the church. The things missionaries used to teach after baptism. But in the end we REALLY focused on the Priesthood. We shared our experiences of how the Priesthood has blesses our lives. Of how a worthy Priesthood holding father blesses a family more than they know. Haramai san was really interested and focused probably more than he ever has. We testified, shared experiences and ended with asking about baptism. Kazune wants to get baptized this month. Her dad wants to wait. He needs more time to think. But with the testimony and faith that Kazune has, he will be baptized this month.
This week was cold. It snowed. The first snow of the year was a blizzard hahaha. I wanted to take pictures, but the snow was too crazy my camera couldn't take a picture. It snowed for about 4 hours, stopped and then melted the next day. Now it is just dry cold. It will be such a fun winter.
We also went shopping with our best friend Narita san! She bought us winter hats. Too nice of her. Then we all ate donuts.
There are always exciting things happening in Hokkaido. I love being here. I love this mission. I love this church. The Priesthood truly blesses our lives. I am so grateful for the family I was born into and the worthy and honorable Priesthood holder father I have.
I love you all so much! Be excellent to each other!
What a nice tribute!
ReplyDelete