Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Japan Ebetsu 21 months -1 week--my new suit. 101

We all bought turtle juice and drank it. hahah the sisters bought energy drinks. too funny. 

my new suit. 

Teaching English to the cutest kids ever! 

The Taira family. The coolest member family in all of Hokkaido. 

YES


Being Bold

There were some really funny, interesting, eye-opening moments this week. I don't have a lot of time, so I will just go over a few. 
We had a role play lesson scheduled with a member. This members faith is VERY strong and she was so excited to help us. We invited the Sister missionaries to come as well and we all went to teach. We got there and the member was so excited that she started the lesson with a testimony. She is the greatest. In that testimony my companion randomly got a very strong impression. He felt that we needed to go visit a kid in Jr. High that we met last week. He said he was busy and doesn't really have interest in religion, so we weren't able to make a return appointment. Well this was right before we were going to start the lesson with the member. I turned to my companion and asked, "when do we need to go?" He said a prayer and the lesson started. We did our best to teach, but the member got so excited she would often stop the lesson so she could share a story or her testimony with us. Haha it was the greatest. The lesson ended, we prayed and my companion jumped up and said, "okay! We have to go!" The member looked at us, "what?! No! I made bread!" the bread smelt soooo good. We apologized as we quickly ran to the door. On our way out she said to us "wow. Well there is this guy who lives next to me. I am trying to share the gospel with him. We will talk more about it later" YES! Referral! 
The interesting part of this story is that the kid lives an hour away from the place where we were at. We had no idea how to get there or why we needed to be there. In fact, I didn't even feel like we needed to be there, but my companion did. We eventually found his house and pinged his door. Nobody was home. We left a note and then left. It was a really interesting experience. It was one of those, "I have no idea why I am here, but I am doing what I know I need to be doing" moments.
In my prayers lately, I have been praying to be more bold, to work my hardest, to end my mission in the greatest way possible. We have not been finding many investigators and have not been seeing a lot of success, so I felt that my prayers are going unanswered. A few nights ago I realized that the Lord has been answering my prayers and has been providing me with SOO many opportunities to be bold. Inviting less active members back to church. Inviting Eikaiwa students to church, calling missionaries to repentance, and much more. Yet I didn't realize that these are opportunities to be bold. I then quickly changed my attitude and took every chance I could to be more bold. 
The week ended with a testimony building experience. We went to teach a family investigator with the sister missionaries. The mom of the family investigator has been an investigator for over 15 years. The husband has just barely started to listen to the lessons again. We went over and talked to them for a very long time. They shared with us their reasons for listening, their reasons for not coming to church and why they feel like they can't commit. Because they feel that they don't need it. They are happy where they are right now and they are not ready to sacrifice and change. They then asked a missionary about their conversion story. This missionary is from Japan so they asked what it was like being a member in Japan. The missionary said that they were too scared to let people know that they were a member. They never brought it up and they never shared when they were asked. They hated going to church and then one day it just changed. One day they realized that life is really hard with out the church and they decided to serve. 
The family took it all in and said, "yeah. Our time is just not yet. We need more faith." 
Sister Oxborrow ended the lesson by giving them a picture she drew. It had the word Courage written on it. It was to help remind them that when the time does come to change, that they are bold, and they have the courage to act. 
I am ready to take any opportunity I have to be bold, to testify and share His love with everyone I see. 
I love you all so much. Be excellent to each other.
-Mecham Choro.   

No comments:

Post a Comment