It was like living in a tv drama this week. The week started out with going to visit a less active member who ran a business pitch to us so we acted like business men and then went out to eat like fancy business men. Too funny. I wish I could talk more about it, but I have no time and a picture will explain it all.
The rest of the week was band practice and sickness recovery. I was not sick to the point where I couldn't go outside and work, but I was.....'ill'. My companion had a day where he was so nasty sick. He couldn't speak and just slept the whole day. I practiced, wrote some songs and finished writing all of the lyrics.
Wednesday came around and we had band practice with Hikaru kun (our bassist) by throat was shot and my companion sounded like a 800 year old turtle. There was this random guy who sat in during our practice and gave us A TON of pressure. We all sucked so hard and Hikaru kun got way scared for the concert. We went home all awkward feeling and insecure about the concert.
Thursday we practiced more to master our songs and at least semi-memorize them. Friday comes around and I wake up and my voice is not working. I couldn't speak. My companion did not let me try to talk and I drank lemon juice with ginger and honey the whole day. That night we had our band practice with Hikaru and it was too dramatic.
Hikaru comes up to me and says "Hey Mecham Choro.. I wont be able to play tomorrow. I don't feel ready and I don't want people to think I suck because then I get depressed." WHAT THE?! NO! The random guy who sat in on the Wednesday practice was there again, same with our best friend Mimura san (the owner of the cafe) and they went to town. They started attacking Hikaru with love and telling him how great he is and how much we need him in the band. We practiced and had a lot of fun and then went home with Hikaru saying "I will let you know tomorrow if I decide to play" NO! Tomorrow was the day of the performance and he left us hanging.
Saturday shows up, the day of the concert and Hikaru comes to practice. He plays with us but has still not decided if he will play or not. We had an intense staff meeting with some random college student and a mom and her kid and Mimura san. She ran the schedule by us and we set up for the concert. It was about 20 minutes before doors were going to open and Hikaru says.. "Okay.. I will play!" YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment