This is probably going to be one of the most boring emails yet. So you can stop reading.
NOT. Every week is the greatest! Except for real this week was pretty anticlimactic. So I was freaking out for the blessing this Sunday and called one of the members to ask them what the words are in Japanese. I have never given the priesthood in English let alone in Japanese. So I called Brother Domon (Right now his daughter Sister Domon is serving in Denver Colorado so if a random Asian Sister shows up any of the Colorado-ians wards please speak to her in Japanese) and he helped me out with the words. I practiced this whole week and fasted this Sunday for it as well. 25 minutes before it was going to happen Brother Hayashi comes walking in. "Oh hey Mecham Choro. So you know how you were going to give the Priesthood to Henmi Kyodai today? Yeah well you can't do that anymore because it is against the rules." Oh... Okay cool. So that is what happened on Sunday. I spent a ton of time preparing for it and in the end I wasn't allowed to. It was kind of a bummer, but to be honest I was upset about it. He still got the Priesthood and in the end that is all that matters.
This week was pretty average. We met with some of our investigators, but basically saw no progression. The most progression we saw was from Ono san. He finally committed to pray and see if the Word of Wisdom is true. He still won't read the Book of Mormon because it hurts his eyes, and 'forgets to pray at night because it hurts his brain'. I love our investigators hahaha. We will still continue to work hard, but it just gets frustrating when people are not progressing. I also really hate the excuse of, "I am too busy." NO. You are not. Sometimes agency is the worst thing on the planet. I need to repent.
Seriously this is a little sad, but when I look back on the week not a lot happened. Yes everyday was beautiful and super fun, but we didn't meet any people. We made one appointment with a lady with white hair who has no interest but was nice and listened to us. Then we kept housing. This week was just FULL of housing. We housed all day. It rained. Came home in the freezing rain and my hands went from pure white to dark purple in 30 seconds. It was super funny. We visited Hasegawa san and talked to her. Her interest is dying and she is not progressing. We basically just housed all week. The places that we housed were a lot of fun. There were so many artsy houses that I took pictures of, but a lot of "busy people" with no interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment