Monday, April 14, 2014

Japan 11 months-57 weeks

We made mexican food in the mission home for our district activity. Too much fun. 


I really like this picture. But you can't really see me. But when you do.... 
We all had cute aprons. 
The mission presidents car got in a wreck. No worries everyone is fine. The car just had issues and decided to hit a deer. Hahahahaha too funny. The members were freaking out when they saw the car. The especially liked my deer impression. 
Free Sisters Clothing upstairs.  We tried on jackets... I look like I belong in lord of the rings.


Perfect

queen amidala. (Star wars.) 
my thumb... 

You can't really tell. I tried so hard to make it look fat. It hurts.


My Thumb is half-way broken
This week was one of the most successful weeks I have had on my mission so far. We had a lot of investigators we wanted to visit with, and we had members scheduled to come with us. There was confusion and some of the appointments fell through and I was getting really upset. I tried to get the number for a Sister in the ward to call her for a team up lesson. I called the number I got and a Gaijin(foreigner)answered the phone. They started talking in English and I just started laughing. It was not the Sister in the ward I was looking for.  It was super funny in the moment, but then later that night I was all upset because we didn't have a team up for our appointment the next day. In the middle of personal study the next day, the sister we wanted to team up with calls us and says, "I heard you need a team up today? I will leave work early!" She is the Angel of Moiwa ward. The lesson was with Ono san. He is still being stubborn with everything, but the member lesson really helped us out. 
We also got to see the Tomita family this week! They have been on spring break so we haven't been able to see them, but that finally ended and we attacked as soon as we could.  We visited her yesterday and her kids were asleep so the house was quiet. It was really weird. The kids are usually freaking out. (especially Rio the daughter). Well it was silent and it really really helped out with our lesson. We wanted to give her a book of Mormon, but for some reason it just didn't work out. We testified about families and asked her a lot of questions about what she thinks about families. Because it was quiet and she didn't have her kids distracting her, she was really able to focus on the spirit. It was really cool. There was a point in the lesson where we asked her what she thought about when we said that families can be together forever for the first time. (we met her about a month and a half ago and shared that message for the first time then) She said, "Naru hodo" Which I think means something like "I see" or "I get it" but it isn't a really strong answer. I asked her again what she thought and waited. It was really powerful. We looked right at her and saw her face change. There was a point when the spirit just took over. We could see the spirit in her face by the way she was reacting. She then said, "it is something I really want." We then ended with HER prayer (huge step forward) and left. I am so excited for this family.
So I said that my thumb it half-broken.... well... This is probably the most embarrassing thing on my mission SO FAR (there are only more to come). Conference was AMAZING. Everything I needed just at the time I needed it. I need to Love harder, Obey more courageously, and humble myself to the depths of humility. I was taking serious notes to every talk that I heard. I was in the room that was playing conference in English so it was full of Americans, one finish person, and a couple of Japanese people. We had so much fun listing to the incredible messages together and laughing insanely hard at, "you are infinitely more important than a tree." (My mission motto) Well towards the end of conference my thumb suddenly started to hurt SOO bad. I don't know why. I kept writing like crazy and by the time conference ended my thumb was wayyy fat. Turns out I write very special and it twisted something weird in my thumb and I sprained it HAHAHAHAHA. That is just embarrassing. I was just really filled with the spirit, (in my thumb...) So now my thumb hurts, but I am over it. It will get better. 
This week was amazing. Every week is amazing. I am having the time of my life and I never want to come home. Three year mission. 
Love you all! Be excellent to each other. 
-Mecham Choro. 


No comments:

Post a Comment