Monday, April 21, 2014

Japan 11 months 2 weeks-58

Eikaiwa got a little crazy this week. 

The Henmi family and their phones. 


We saw a man juggling in the park. So naturally we went and talked to him. 

A members shoes. One of mine was the size of two of hers. 

Ono san. HAHAHAHA 

The perfect Tomita family. 
We went running with Isato Kun. at 6. It is so bright outside in the morning. 

We look so good. This week we gave out a Book of Mormon. We give them out often, but this time it was a very special Book of Mormon. I have been wanting to give this Book of Mormon out for a very long time.   On Friday Elder Swenson and I spent a very very long time studying, preparing and mogi-ing for Ono san. He has not been progressing or willing to do anything, so we were planning to drop him. I HATE dropping investigators. It is one thing to find people who are willing to listen to us and then to just give up? I hate that. (okay it is not giving up, it is putting your time where it is used the most.) But I just don't really like it.  Well we got to Ono sans house and the second we walked in I felt like we weren't going to drop him. We talked about faith and how it requires action. He then said, "yeah I know. I just have no desire to try." Oh okay. That means we have to drop. It came down to the point where all we could do was testify. We testified sooo hard and at the end I tried one last time to give him a Book of Mormon. I told myself that if he takes the Book of Mormon then we won't drop him. Up until now he has not been reading the Book of Mormon because, "he is sick and it hurts his eyes to read" I then asked, "Will you read the Book of Mormon?" "I know I need to... The sun is out now so my eyes don't hurt as much. I will try. BUT only a little bit." I just wanted to yell READ THAT LITTLE BIT AND GET BAPTIZED! But we did not drop Ono san and he is now reading the Book of Mormon. 
Yesterday we went and visited the Tomita Family. I love them so much. Tomita san read the pamphlet we gave her last week about families and she said it was really confusing. We asked her what was confusing and she just said, "The Japanese. And I think only American families can be happy." NO. Tomita san YOUR FAMILY can be happy. So then we got into a huge lesson about the Plan of Salvation and Baptism. Baptism is a little hard for her right now because "water is scary" but she now knows what will bring true happiness. She is going to come to Eikaiwa tomorrow and we are going to invite every single beautiful family that are members to come to Eikaiwa and attack Tomtia san with beautiful family love. 
Ono san and Tomita san are progressing so much and it is a blessing to be the one who can watch the spirit change them. 
We have music practice today. Again. So email time is a little short today, sorry. We are preparing for Elder Aoyagi who will be here this Friday and then apparently Elder Christofferson is coming to Hokkaido the 28th of May. WHAT?! I love you all so very much. Be excellent to each other. 
-Mecham Choro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment