Monday, March 17, 2014

Japan 10 months 1 week-53

I have been teaching the asains the right way to take pictures. 

Lunch Party: Kitabayashi san is the one without glasses on and Itsuno san is the one with glasses on. They are the coolest. 

These are our beautiful glasses that we wear with looking at the computer so the bad lights don't hurt our eyes.

The District
So there is a movie that missionaries have to watch when they come out into the mission field. It is called The District. It is just a camera crew following around a bunch of missionaries as they go out and do what missionaries do. Well this week we had the amazing opportunity to film The District... in Japanese! (It is only for the Stake Youth Conference, not world-wide so no worries.) Well we were followed by a "camera crew" (a return missionary with a little camera) and had little interviews throughout the day. Brother Kimura came over to our apartment at 6:25 in the morning and followed us around almost the whole rest of the day. It was so much fun. He would randomly ask us questions and we would do a little interview, which most of the time lead into really awkward pauses. Well because he was following us around he also got to dendo with us. When we pinged on doors he came with us. We even had him ping a few doors. We had a lot of opportunities to talk to people and it brought back a lot of memories for Brother Kimura. 
After that we were able to dendo with another member who had his mission date extended and felt a little unprepared and needed some help, so we had a little study class and then went out and dendo-ed with him. During that time we met a Jehovah Witness who was saying a lot of words that I didn't know, but the member knew and taught a whole lesson by himself! It was awesome. 
Yesterday we met with our new family! WE FOUND A FAMILY!! The Tomita family. We are teaching the Mom and the two kids, because the Dad's job takes him away from the home a lot of the time. He is only home about 2 days every 2 weeks. Her two kids (6 year old boy, and 3 year old girl) go to a Christian pre-school and pray everyday. Tomita san is struggling with praying because she has never done it in her life, but she is totally fine with her kids praying. Right now we are working on that with her. Also we may be teaching them with a bunch of other families as well!! (They want our English) 
Today we had an appointment with one of my favorite investigators ever. I found him when I first got to Japan. He has met missionaries a few times before he met met, but he hated them so he never met with them again. Well maybe it was my horrible Japanese or something, but he liked me and said we could come back. I met him probably 4 times over this last year and today we said good-bye. I visited him a month ago and he said that he finished school, but I didn't know that he would be going back to his hometown (Kushiro, It is still in Hokkaido so if I transfer there I will see him again!!) Well we went over to his house and ate lunch with him and his friend and the AP's. It was so much fun. We talked for a long time about how Kitabayashi san has met the missionaries so many times for a reason and how God loves him and he needs to act on that love. It got super deep and quiet, but I could tell it was hitting him. Him and his friend gave us there email's and addresses and said that they really want to see us again so when they come back to Sapporo they will call us. It was a really good lesson. 
This week we found another family as well and met with a few of our investigators. It was a medium paced WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We met with Hasegawa san! She is back on the map! We felt that we should go by and see if she is alright, well she is. We talked for about 2 hours about.... food. Her interest has gone somewhere else, but she really likes us, and food. We are going to try and keep visiting her and bring her back to the light. But she and her grandson are back! I was super happy to see them again. I will take a picture of them the next time I visit them. 
I love you all! Be Excellent To each Other! 
-Mecham Choro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment