 |
| so artsy |
 |
| This is now one of our potential investigators house. |
 |
| We try soo hard. |
 |
| I have been to this shrine too many times.. |
 |
| We went running this morning. |
 |
| We had splits. |
 |
| We had to slide down a snow slope to get into this apartment and then it was a tunnel to walk to the doors. I felt like tomb raider. |
Anti-Christ mother
This week was hard. I was destroyed. For some reason this week rejection was painful. We get a lot of rejection and I have been dealing with it for a long time, but for some reason this Saturday it just all hit me.
We were out dendo-ing (on spring day, it is a holiday I guess?) in the middle of a snow storm, on top of a mountain. It was super pretty and we were excited to go visit a really strong potential investigator. We were there a little bit early so we decided to house nearby. We were housing and I pinged this one door. It was a pretty much normal, "I am part of a different religion so I am good!" She then hung up on her intercom thing so I kept talking and said, "I have a flyer so please read it. Thank you!" I didn't think she was listening so I put it in the post and left. We were walking to the next house when we hear her door open and her yell, "WAIT! WAIT! Excuse me, I don't need your paper." "Oh really? It has information about our free english class if you have no interest in our church." "I have NO interest" "Do you know anyone who may have interest that you could give it to?" By now she was getting a little angry. It looked really weird and sad to see this Mom getting so heated over a paper. "NOBODY HAS INTEREST IN YOUR MESSAGE! GOODBYE!" I usually get yelled rejections from crazy old men, or young fathers who are sick of Jehovah Witnesses coming over to their house, but this time it was from a mom. "Okay. I am sorry for disturbing you. Maybe sometime in the future we will talk more." She then did this angry hand movement and started to walk back into her house when she turned and looked at me and said, "Jesus Christ can't save you." Whoa.... I wanted to just attack her with my testimony. But the only words that came out of my mouth were,"Ganbarimasu" Which doesn't translate into English very well, but the closest thing would probably be, 'I will do my best.' She then lost it and slammed her door. It was weird. It put me off the whole rest of the day. We went to go visit the strong potential investigator and she didn't even come to the door. She just told us over the intercom that she has no interest and told us to leave. Then we walked up the rest of the mountain and every single person we talked to rejected us. We then came home and went to sleep. I was way upset.
The next day was church and it was everything I needed. It was ward conference so there were a lot of people there and there was even a huge lunch thing after church. I talked to so many people and just talking to them helped me soooo much. We had plans after church to visit our favorite family, The Tomita Family. We didn't really meet with any of our investigators this week and Tomita san was going to be one of the first ones. We got to her house and saw that her car was gone. I really really wanted to meet with her so we decided to go walk around for a bit and house and then come back. We were going to come back when I felt like we needed to do one more apartment. Nobody in the apartment had interest so I was a bit confused on why we did it. Then we went to Tomita san and she said that she just barely got back 2 minutes ago. That was probably why we did the apartment. We then went in and talked for about an hour about the blessings families receive through this church. My companion testified and started to cry. Tomita san was so interested in everything we had to say and when we testified we KNOW she felt the spirit. We then prayed with the family and left. It was amazing. It was probably the best family lesson I have ever taught. It helped me out so much and made all of everything worth it. Trust the Lord because He will always help you.
Love you all very very much. Be excellent to each other.
-Jake Snow Mecham Choro.
No comments:
Post a Comment