The only thing that matters
I have transferred. I am in a new area called Ebetsu. It is amazing here. The welcome we had on Sunday was amazing. The 3 new missionaries get up in church to share our self introductions and our testimonies. It was so funny watching the ward get into our talks. They would laugh way louder than needed and would even make clapping motions. I got up to talk and whenever I said something that a member liked they would give me the thumbs up. It was too funny. They also make comments to the people next to them about how they think what we said was great or how they think missionaries are the greatest. It was so cute and funny. They also get super spiritual and quiet when they need to. I am soo happy to be in this ward.We went Caroling with some members of the ward last night. There were about 15 of us and we got into cars and visited less active members and sang to them. Then attacked them with cookies. It was so funny. Members are so bold. There is this one REALLY cute old guy in our ward named Otahara Kyodai. He is 77 years old and is short. We finished Caroling and went back to his apartment to go eat dinner that his cute wife made us. Before we went to go eat he made us go around to random people and sing to them. He would go up to them and say, "Merry Christmas!! (In English) Can we sing to you and give you cookies?" Too fun. This is going to be a great ward.My new companion is Elder Velasquez. We have only been together for about 4 days and we are already having a blast. He is my hero. He is a 24 year old guy from Texas who is half Italian/Mayan (yes like the ancient mayan people.) He has already graduated from College and has had a lot of life changing experiences that led him to a mission.We were out walking around our first day in a Area that we don't know AT ALL. We have a giant map and walk around with it looking like cavemen. We went to go visit some old investigators and nearby less active members. Well it took us forever to find these houses, but that didn't stop us from talking to seriously every single person we see. Whether they be in their cars, sledding down a hill, shoveling roof off of their side walk, chasing their dog, or running away from us, we go and talk to them. We have made SOOO many friends this week just from talking to every one. It is too much fun.For example we saw this old man throwing snow off of a cliff so we went to go ask him if he wants help. He ran away and we say a young guy walking by. My companion yells at him, "HEY! do you speak English?" "No." "What is this guy doing? Why do people from Hokkaido throw their snow?" they guy then says to us in perfect English "What are you guys doing?" From there we talked to him for about an hour and we are going to help him take his English tests so he can come to America.Because we just opened this area there is a lot of time we have to walk around and figure out where we are going. While walking one day Elder Velasquez and I were talking about life and all of the things that have happened to us. Elder Velasquez has done everything you can ever dream of. He has lived in the poorest city in the Western Hemisphere. (some town in Nicaragua) He has been to India, London, Guatemala and other places all over the world. While in Guatemala he was baptized into the Shaman religion, was in a plane crash and attacked by the native jungle people, and had a random Guatemalan man fly them to Machu Pichu in a plane with a broken window for 50$. I could go on about everything he has done, but I have no time. While talking about this we came to realize what really matters in this world. What are the most important things in life and what you really need to experience.
The only thing that matters in this life is Christ.Because of Him we can live with our families forever. He has shown us how to have this blessing and the only thing that matters in this life is that we follow Him and do what He has invited us to do.I am so blessed that I have the opportunity to testify this Christmas season, to every single person I see, that Christ is the reason, He is the Gift, and He is the only thing that matters. I am having so much fun here. I love this mission experience. I love this Gospel. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.I love you all so much! Be excellent to each other.-Mecham Choro.
No comments:
Post a Comment