Monday, December 1, 2014

Japan Eniwa. Chitose.18 months- 3 week- 89 weeks

#yolo
So cute. It hurts.

Family Home Evening with the cutest family in the world. I want to kidnap them.
Whenever we heart attack members I always draw our faces. I have gotten so good. Hahaha. It is so ugly.
Pizza with Narita san and her cats.

It was soooo good.
This was our Thanksgiving meal. Rice. Stuffing. Mashed potatoes. Hahahahah it was so gross. Oh and chicken.
They still do Christmas!!! Even in Japan! (this is probably the only house in Japan that does it.)

Thanksgiving Miracles
Christmas Miracles are great stories, but this week Thanksgiving miracles were out of control.
First I was super depressed when the week started. Monday was not the greatest email day and I was just bummed about life and like such as. I was being a serious Debby Downer and just ignoring everyone and everything. I didn't let other try to make me happy and I just looked like a fool being sorry for myself. Tuesday I tried to change my attitude, but I was still a loser. Wednesday was a little bit better, but then night came around and I didn't eat because we didn't have time so I went back to depression mode.
Thanksgiving showed up and my best friend Narita san was here to save the day. She made us Pizza! We went over to her house for Thanksgiving and had a great time. We talked about Enos and the power prayer has. I learned a lot just reading it with her. She asked great questions and it a really cool experience to feel "being edified" together. Thursday night we again were busy so I didn't have time to eat dinner, but I did make myself eat ice cream in honor of Thanksgiving. (I am pretty sure I lost weight this year.)
We went on split in Hokodate and then came back. (more happened but I have no time and I want to get to the juicy stuff.)
SATURDAY. It is a special day. It is the day we get ready for Sunday. We go outside, and we knock on some doors, so that we can find people for..... SUNDAY?! We went housing near our apartment and found an AMAZING young dad. Tokiwa san. He is 32 and has a 5 month old son. He loves America and looks like a hipster. We talked to him for about 2 hours when we met him, gave him a Book of Mormon and he asked us if he could come to church tomorrow. YES YOU CAN. He had an accident at work so he is taking time to recover and has all the time in the world to listen.
SUNDAY came around and Tokiwa san showed up to church. He really listened and asked a lot of questions. He really wanted to know why we are here. Why we believe in God and how can 20 year old guys can be missionaries. We shared with him our conversion stories and he said, "I want to believe. What do I need to do." We are more than excited to be working with him. We are going to visit him tomorrow. I will take pictures.
THEN..... SUNDAY NIGHT. Haramai san was busy with work and could not come to church. We were really nervous that we would not be able to meet him and talk about baptism with him. The second he got home from work, Haramai Shimai called us and we went over to their house to talk to Haramai san. We talked about how much their family has progressed recently and how they are ready take the step of baptism.  The kids were being very loud and I was nervous about inviting the spirit. I want the Haramai family to be together forever so much and all that we have been working for was coming down to Haramai san saying yes or no. His daughter picked a day and turned to her dad and said, "Will you be baptized with me?" Haramai san said yes! He is committed to being baptized in two weeks with his daughter. We are going to continue to work and pray very hard for that family. And we are so grateful to have been apart of these amazing miracles this week.
Thank you all for your love and prayers. I feel the love. I feel it! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.
Be excellent to each other.
 
-Mecham Choro.


No comments:

Post a Comment