It has been 10 days since I last emailed. I will share 10 experiences from this week.
1. Christmas. Family you all sound great. It was amazing being able to talk to you all. You all sound fantastic and I am so excited to see you soon. After we finished Christmas calls we came back to Ebetsu and a beautiful family invited us over to their house for dinner. We had Christmas Mexican food! It was amazing. There were 6 missionaries and about 8 family members in one room just talking and eating. It was loud, fun, and crowded. Crowded in the good kind of way. The members didn't have that much time because they were going to go caroling as a family so we ate and took off. The missionaries then broke out into a huge snowball fight and ended our Christmas walking home in the snow.
2. Investigators. They are starting to appear! We have a family investigator. Usui family. It is a mom and her 3 kids. The mom is crazy. Seriously crazy. And her kids and just as crazy as her. We helped her shovel her snow and then had a snowball fight with the kids. A great way to become best friends with a family.
3. Song writing. I wrote a little song a few months ago as a joke. It was a song that only has 3 chords. But my companion heard it and loved it. He made sure that I finish writing the song and we make a band.
4. Made a band. We were visiting an investigator who is a young college guy who is really busy with graduating. We woke him up so we didn't really want to take too much of his time, so my companion just asks him if he wants to join our band and play at coffee shops. Turns out Suzuki san is a pro at guitar and want to join our band. We now have bass, guitar, vocals/keyboard. And our band name is Monter Hunter.
5. Finding. There was a nearby old investigator that we went to visit after making our band, but he wasn't home. So we went to a house that we visited before but the grandma was busy so she couldn't talk. Pinged the door and her son answered. He quickly came to the door and let us in. We have NEVER met the guy at all. My companion just runs into the house takes off his jacket and sits down. The guy was an investigator from about 3/4 years ago and got lost in records so nobody has been contacting him. He was sooo cool and nice. 23 years old and willing to listen. He also plays drums. He joined our band.
6. Members. It is New Years Eve week and everyone and their dog is inside. Nobody leaves their houses and going around pinging doors is pointless. So we go to members houses and party with them! We have appointments with members every day this week. For Lunch and Dinner. And miracles are coming from them. The members are too funny, too nice and we are having too much fun with them. One member is 74 years old and speaks English to Japanese people. He fed us sushi. One of my favorite days ever.
7. Pakastan. (Spellcheck) After eating lunch with a member we went outside and started a snowball fight. A car was coming so we got out of the way and saw that they were not Japanese. My companion and I run after their car and go talk to them. It is a family from Pakastan. We became best friends with the 18 year old son and are now going to teach them English! It was a huge Culture shock in a country where I already experienced culture shocks.
8. Pomegranate. (spellcheck) Some how we ended up with a Pomegranate after visiting with the family from Pakastan and were caring it with us as we were pinging doors. We went to visit a less active member family and the mom came to the door. We asked her if she likes Pomegranates and she said she has never had one. She called her kids down and we ate a Pomegranate. Quickest way to some ones heart is a eating a Pomegranate together.
9. New Years Eve. Last year I fell asleep before midnight and I was determined to stay awake this year. The way we kept ourselves awake was by playing Silent Library. A game where your draw cards and the one who kids the blank card receives punishment. BUT the hard part of the game is you cant make any noise. So there is no talking and no laughing while you are punishing people. It is too funny and too horrible. But it kept me awake until midnight. The countdown was fun and then we yelled from our balcony. My scream Echoed. Not because it was loud, but because I was the only person outside. Japan was sleeping. It was a great New Years Eve.
10. Christmas Eve. We went to Asahikawa and had a zone activity. We played human Mario Party, ate Indian Curry, watched the Christmas Devotional and partied hard. The thing that stood out the most to me was the during the devotional they song O come all Ye Faithful. The lyrics in that song, "O come let us adore him" really hit me. I though about this year and how much closer I have come to Christ. I am so grateful for Him. I know that He is our Savior and I am so grateful for the opportunity to testify of Him. I get these moments sometimes were I realized my time is short. This was one of them. I only have 3 months left to help others come unto Him. I am ready to give everything I have.
I love you all so much. Thank you for the Christmas Packages, letter and love. It was the best Christmas Ever. Be excellent to each other!
No comments:
Post a Comment