We arrived at the church at 8:30 in the morning. The Baptismal service was to start at 9:00 so I changed into the baptismal clothes. I come out of the door and the Haramai family is walking into another room to get changed. Nodoka is the first to run out and see us. She is jumping and her smile is the biggest I have ever seen it. "yay! yay! yay! yay!" She grabbed my hands and jumped up and down smiling at everyone she saw. Kazune was next to come out. She came out in a beautiful handmade baptismal dress. Nodoka ran over to Kazune and they jumped together. Other kids saw them jumping and ran over to jump with them. Haramai Shimai and her husband walk out next. Haramai san looked a little nervous, but was ready. We took pictures together and then walked into the chapel. The Haramai family sat together up on the stand. I sat up on the stand next to Yamaguchi kyodai and watched the Haramai family the whole time.
The baptismal service started by singing "Choose the Right" The first song that Haramai Shimai and Nodoka heard when they came to church the first time. Nodoka and Kazune love that song and sang it as loud as they could. Yui, Kazune's good friend gave the opening prayer and Haramai Shimai stood up to introduce her family.
The introductions started with Kazune. Kazune was born 8 years 2 months ago. She loves being happy. She always smiles at everyone and you can see the light around her. When she was a child she always made sure that others were happy before she was.
Haramai Shimai then introduced her husband. They have known each other since they were 17. They went to High School together and have dated since then. They have been together for about 25 years now and have never once fought. Haramai san is a strong example for his family and is always doing his best so they can be happy.
The baptismal hymn was played and we (The Haramai family, Yamaguchi Kyodai and I) walked to the font to get ready. Yamaguchi Kyodai baptizing Kazune, and me baptizing Haramai san.
Kazune went first. She was so happy. She stood in the water looking up at her family. I stood right next to her dad as we watched from the sides. She went under and came out even happier than before.
Haramai san was next. We walked into the water and looked out at the Haramai family. Kazune was just baptized so she was watching from the side. Haramai Shimia and Nodoka were at the very front of the font. I was about to start when Nodoka reaches out to her dad and says "Good luck!" Her dad pats her on the head. I had to take a big breath because I was about to lose it and cry all over the place. Haramai Kyodai kept his eyes open when he went under the water because his daughter told him that you can see angels above you if open your eyes.
Haramai Kyodai came up out of the water and looked over at his wife. His wife was being hugged by many members who kept saying "Your family is forever!".
We changed, and went back into the chapel. The missionaries and the primary children sang "I am A Child of God" and "Teach me to Walk in the Light" to Kazune and Haramai Kyodai. Kazune and Haramai Kyodai then shared their testimonies and we ending by singing "Families Can Be Together Forever."
Kazune and Haramia Kyodai received the Holy Ghost during Sacrament meeting. Yamaguchi Kyodai conferred it upon them and gave beautiful blessings. Haramai Kyodai received the Aaronic Priesthood and is prepared to help bless his family even more than he already has been doing.
We also had Zone Training meeting, splits in Tomakomai, visited with Tokiwa san (the extremely prepared young father who was just busy with work so couldn't meet but asked his boss to switch his day off to Sunday so he could come to church), prepared for the Christmas program, and got our transfer calls. I am sadly, soooooo sadly, leaving Chitose.Eniwa. I will be opening an area in Ebetsu. There are already 2 Elders there right now, but I will be going in with Elder Valazques, making the area 4 Elders.
BUT nothing compares to the joy of watching the Haramai family taking the most important step they will ever take in their lives to becoming eternal. They have worked so hard to get to this point.
Kazune and Satoshi Haramai were baptized yesterday. It was the happiest day of my mission.
I know that families can be together forever, and I am so happy that I was able to be apart of the Haramai families step in becoming eternal.
I love you all so much. Be excellent to each other!
-Mecham Choro.
No comments:
Post a Comment